The RBC Dilemma (free VitTuned offer for one lucky bloke)

Ya I read up on the different one and realized that.. But am confused caz some said going with the 2.5 would be better than the 3 caz you wouldn't want too much air to escape without creating good back pressure
Back pressure is a myth and only creates a flow restriction.

As far as I can find back pressure creating power is a myth. You just dont want a pipe so large that the air slows down so much making a restriction. On our motors that would be way beyond 3 inch. 3 inch exhaust provide the best gain on our cars. Your only as good as your weakest link. All good aftermarket exhausts for our cars are 2.75 inch or 3 inch. Why restrict them with a 2.5 inch downpipe? Plus I don't think the rv6 downpipe flows much better than stock anyways amd the stock one is our biggest restriction. And i think stock os 2.5 inches too but not too terribly sure on that.
Well thanks tht input was really helpful and helped clear alot of confusion.. In your opinion then what you think about skunk2 downpipe with an invidia n1??

I like the full race better as well. Skunk2 and the N1 (I heard they have a 3 inch now) will give the same amount of potential but they are crazy loud.

I like the full race better as well. Skunk2 and the N1 (I heard they have a 3 inch now) will give the same amount of potential but they are crazy loud.
Dude thnk u tht made things soo much simpler for me.. That was one of my biggest concerns I just don't want my ride to be crazy loud

Dude thnk u tht made things soo much simpler for me.. That was one of my biggest concerns I just don't want my ride to be crazy loud

Q300 or Full Race if you want good exhaust that's a little bit louder than stock. N1, Skunk 2, Tsudo if you want loud and raspy exhaust.

Q300 or Full Race if you want good exhaust that's a little bit louder than stock. N1, Skunk 2, Tsudo if you want loud and raspy exhaust.
Thnk u that helps... I will go with full race since I will get the full race downpipe

Full Race is better.

I have a 2012 Si lined up for the test.
But you said you didnt want a '12? What made you change your mind? Couldnt find no takers? I would've invested the $120 on gas for the round trip for a free RBC intake :(

But you said you didnt want a '12? What made you change your mind? Couldnt find no takers? I would've invested the $120 on gas for the round trip for a free RBC intake :(

I preferred a 13+ to save me some time on tuning. Beyond that I didn't care, since nobody stepped up, I have a local gent that is an RSX customer with a 2012 9th gen who purchased a FR DP & exhaust and is coming in for testing. He's a little closer than you are, hopefully I'll see you someday soon anyway ;)

Woo hoo, Now I get to see what my pos '12 Si will make lol

Edit: when are the results going to be in?

Has anyone had a '12 Si tuned with flashpro all stock?

Last edited:
Back