The RBC Dilemma (free VitTuned offer for one lucky bloke)

Finished reading.

I guess I'm gonna keep my stock IM. Thanks for doing that testing and spending your all day tuning the car.:thumbsup::clapping:

Finished reading.

I guess I'm gonna keep my stock IM. Thanks for doing that testing and spending your all day tuning the car.:thumbsup::clapping:

One thing I didn't mention, the RBC swap is a total pain in the *** too. It moves the TB to a whole different location and the harness doesn't reach. You have to undo the big plastic clip holding all the wiring on the side of the head. Definitely a 3-4 hours shop time to do it on a customer's car. I can install an S/C in 5 hours... lol

One thing I didn't mention, the RBC swap is a total pain in the *** too. It moves the TB to a whole different location and the harness doesn't reach. You have to undo the big plastic clip holding all the wiring on the side of the head. Definitely a 3-4 hours shop time to do it on a customer's car. I can install an S/C in 5 hours... lol

You are not kidding on the install time. Trying to find all the damn hidden mounts/brackets and then figuring out the hoses as well. The harness is quite the pain, but manageable. Of course, I also had to solder pigtails for the injectors, but that shouldn't be an issue anymore with the adapters.

You are not kidding on the install time. Trying to find all the damn hidden mounts/brackets and then figuring out the hoses as well. The harness is quite the pain, but manageable. Of course, I also had to solder pigtails for the injectors, but that shouldn't be an issue anymore with the adapters.

Yeah... that 3-4 hours is for me... and I've done a ton of work in this engine bay, so I know where all the odd bits and pieces are and where they go back after I'm done, lol.

If you plan on getting PRL CAI then you should also get hydro-shield. Few people hydrolocked their cars with CAI.

Really? I'm not too concerned about hydrolocking my car but I'll definitely be buying a hydro-shield now for extra safety. Thanks!

Edit: downpipe and exhaust getting shipped tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Guess ill stay Stock IM like I've been thinking all along. Ill just do exhaust and tune. Then boost later.

As far as I can find back pressure creating power is a myth. You just dont want a pipe so large that the air slows down so much making a restriction. On our motors that would be way beyond 3 inch. 3 inch exhaust provide the best gain on our cars. Your only as good as your weakest link. All good aftermarket exhausts for our cars are 2.75 inch or 3 inch. Why restrict them with a 2.5 inch downpipe? Plus I don't think the rv6 downpipe flows much better than stock anyways amd the stock one is our biggest restriction. And i think stock os 2.5 inches too but not too terribly sure on that.
DANG IT!!! I should've bought a Full Race exhaust instead of my Q300.....but I go a good price and I needed a quiet system for the baby that rides in the back.

Back