Official Computer Talk Thread

qc073035.jpg

But not really anymore, that picture was from Quakecon back in probably about '06. Don't really keep up with hardware or gaming much anymore but my computer isn't too terrible considering I haven't upgraded it much in a few years.
Have a Intel I7 930(2.8ghz quad core), 16gb of decent ram, a gtx 460 and fairly recently added a 250gb Samsung ssd that made a world of difference.

I've been considering adding a ssd to my setup for some time now. I just cringe at the thought of having to install windows again, and then reset all my files so there in the right location. I suppose I could just use a hd copier.

That would work. I'm pretty sure my roommate has one of those laying around somewhere. I think the first place I should start is probably cleaning up my files though. I have multiple copies of stuff I've had over the years across 3 separate drives and all of them have had windows installed on them at some point.

I've been considering adding a ssd to my setup for some time now. I just cringe at the thought of having to install windows again, and then reset all my files so there in the right location. I suppose I could just use a hd copier.

Having an SSD is worth the time to re-install Windows!

Ouch! Sucks to be Nvidia.

"Nvidia and their hardware partners have remained mum about the furor buzzing around the GeForce GTX 970, but it looks like at least some disgruntled customers are receiving refunds for their graphics cards, courtesy of point-of-sale e-tailers like Amazon and Newegg.

Perhaps not coincidentally, Nvidia was also slapped with a class action lawsuit alleging false advertising of the GTX 970’s capabilities late last week."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2887...funds-due-to-nvidia-gtx-970-memory-issue.html

That mean a 4g Radeon card (on sale) is on your horizon?

R9 290x is suppose to be a nice card. I'm fine with my GTX770 SC/ACX because I'm cheap lol

Just got a Microcenter gift card as a belated Christmas gift :)

Yeah I bought it during black Friday sale from newegg.:wink1: Do you plan on getting Hardline anytime soon?

Yeah I bought it during black Friday sale from newegg.:wink1: Do you plan on getting Hardline anytime soon?

Nope. EA/Dice will not be getting my money. Definitely not for ******* $60. Maybe like $10 max I'd pay.

First, THIS IS NOT DiRT 4!!
Finally there may be a proper Rally game after 10+ years... (Richard Burns Rally 2004). Codemaster claim this is a "full on simulation" and there are evidences to support this. First, Codemaster develop this game like Project CARS through early access with the community. Second, this is not a multi-platform title - PC for now. I think Codemaster is not confidence enough to spend millions for a full on hardcore rally sim on consoles. I don't blame them. Honestly, how many rally sim (not arcade) have you played on console? BTW, rally in GT is not rally and DiRT series are not sim. Doing an early access for this game is their safest way. Also the PC sim communities (fans) are always asking for a Richard Burns successor and Codemaster finally give in. Third the game is built on the last generation Codemaster engine. But the physical engine is completely different than previous DiRT games. I guess this is also to minimize the development cost. Also...
-NO GYMKHANA
-No magical rewinding time
-I REPEAT - NO GYMKHANA
-No turning off car damage
-NO GYMKHANA WHATSOEVER
-Rally only
-THIS GAME HAS ZERO GYMKHANA
(copied from one of the customer review

http://www.codemasters.com/game/dirt-rally/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/?snr=1_7_15__13

DiRT_Rally_Announce_04-823x436.png

Back