Flights 97 Ex build thread

Found this thing just floating loose inside the transmission case.

ee4c2733feebe77c15b3c3b8d1356b45.jpg

Also found the source of the leak in my tranny. Waiting on a new axle deal before I put it back together

6d30997b980bf415c34e964498cf4f8a.jpg

Its the spring from the passenger side axle seal. The seal tore and it fell off it seems.

Installed my new clutch yesterday and closed up the transmission. Tried to put it back into place by myself but just wasn't strong enough.

01b2c3f1c134676778bc8595d6ad794f.jpg

Does it literally rub against the transmission? Exhaust looks super close.

It is vey close. There is just enough room to remove the dust cover on the backside of the flywheel. No rubbing though.

So after much time, blood, sweat, and money the car is finally mobile again. I wound up purchasing a rebuilt transmission with carbon lined syncros and a mfactory limited slip diff from Syncrotech. This is the first time the car has been out of the garage since last December.
e68e0686cad1e8e9baa363f39978e21d.jpg

Other net goodies include a Ktuned adjustable shifter. And blox s200 clutch master cylinder with good ridge braided clutch line.
48304375f76195a1ca5803f454fc88d0.jpg

0b874db827e640ce86bf560368202df3.jpg

b6e12994c00a3367acc5802d7597d7f9.jpg

Took it for a little shakedown before work today and it literally felt like a new car. The clutch is extremely stiff though. I will not be driving this car in traffic that's for sure.

I do dig this thread a lot. Love the build man. How fun is that gonna be to drive once its finished?

I do dig this thread a lot. Love the build man. How fun is that gonna be to drive once its finished?
Should be really fun. Gotta get some miles on the new clutch then I can start beating on it a little.

I thought you found a carbon trans etc just used somewhere.

Just a quick update since its been a little bit. I've put about 100 miles on the new clutch so far. The car drives well but is a giant pain in traffic. Now that its starting to cool off out hopefully ill be able to take the car out more. Still debating on if I'm happy with the height the suspension is at or if I want to raise it up about 1/2", but its a drastic improvement the handling.

So the last two days have been eventful for this car. I took it out for a test drive on the stock Ecu since I had to run the car through inspection by the 15th. While on the drive the alternator decided to die as I was going uphill on a bridge. I somehow managed to barely make it back home in the dark with no gauges or lights functioning. Replaced the alt yesterday morning and got it through the inspection so it's good to go for another 2 years. I wanted the stock Ecu out of the car so bad I changed it out in the drive through line to pay for the renewal.

Back