Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

I don't like it. At all. Front end looks too much like an Accord. Profile looks like a squished Crosstour. I guess at least it still looks like it belongs in the Honda family. Just doesn't exude Civic to me. Someone needs to tell Honda they are at least five years late on that color as well.

And what the hell is with the motorcycle side mirrors?

I really like the body style of the 10th gen. 3-door hatchback ftw! That mustache has to go though.
jig9mcxrpga2y58qnlps.jpg

Huge improvement over the 9th gen coupe. I love the 9th sedan but this looks like they took the current coupe and fixed it. Also the tailights are awesome

Huge improvement over the 9th gen coupe. I love the 9th sedan but this looks like they took the current coupe and fixed it. Also the tailights are awesome

What do you feel is wrong with the 9th? Also, all I think of when I see the taillights is a Dodge.

Also.. I guess we're getting the NEXT Type-R. Possibility that we're not gonna get the hatch?

This is what the 9th gen was supposed to look like. There's still a few bumps to work out. The mustache of course needs to go. Front and back. But the likes are making more sense. It's getting a little too genisis/sonata in the styling but the civic is typically a shrunken accord. Lots of positives here and things you know won't make the production model.

The front is a little disjointed and the center bar holding the emblem leaves much to be desired.
The mirrors are way too small for safety standards. And will end up far more normal. Especially once you add the lane watch crap.
Just make a center exhaust and stop threatening already.
The trunk tail looks too dodge for my taste but the tail lights are nice.
The color is cool, a few years too late to be revolutionary but no one wants a civic in that color. If your going to be that loud about a car you want it to be something everyone envies. Not something everyone in America can buy. This of course from a guy with green accents on his car...
1.5l turbo??? You gave us the turbo but why is the engine from a smart car? Even the veloster is a 1.6 and the The mini s has a 2.0l
I guess we all need to be patient for the type r. I wonder if you can reserve one now?

"Downsized turbocharging will be the base, even for the Civic," said Honda's R&D head, Yoshiharu Yamamoto. "The power is very good."

The executive promises the small engine will provide power figures on par with naturally-aspirated 2.0- and 2.4-liter engines. For reference, the 2.4-liter straight-four in the current Civic Sidelivers 205 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque.

"Downsized turbocharging will be the base, even for the Civic," said Honda's R&D head, Yoshiharu Yamamoto. "The power is very good."

The executive promises the small engine will provide power figures on par with naturally-aspirated 2.0- and 2.4-liter engines. For reference, the 2.4-liter straight-four in the current Civic Sidelivers 205 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque.

Boooooo.....

I dont know how to feel about this......its too much to take in.
thats what she said :) now youre not being ignored. I guess ill be keeing my NA civic longer than i thought this 10th gen looks just uglier than my current 9th ill just have to wait fot te 2017 facelift :(

Back