alignment done but steering wheel still crooked. what to do

stormCIVIC

Belmont, NC U.S.A.
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
coupe (fg3)
Im lowered on lowering springs and i have a rear adjustable camber arms and also I also have new tires so.that's not the.problem. someone told.me im going to.have to.have honda reset my steering wheel electronically due to.electronic steering. Anybody had this problem. By the way I've done an alignment at my schools auto.program 6 times now.so.it's not.the.alignment that's wrong.

Do you have the paper of your alignment before and after?

Do you have the paper of your alignment before and after?
No. Because it was crooked to begin with. Never noticed when it happened. It's perfectly aligned toe and all. It drives in a perfect straight line but it's just the steering wheel is at a slight turned angle and thinks it's where straight is supposed to be. I'm thinking steering wheel needs to be reset

When I installed my lowering springs the alignment and steering wheel was way off. After the alignment was done my steering wheel is in the center just like it was on the first day. Who ever did your alignment must have done something wrong.

The shop probably didn't lock the steering wheel on the middle while aligning the front toe.

The shop probably didn't lock the steering wheel on the middle while aligning the front toe.
Nobody did it wrong. Trust me we had everything done correctly. I helped do.it. and the teacher of the college was helping. But I'm going to let honda figure it.out.

Yes it bugs the carp out of me
don't let the fish get to you

juB3ENZ.jpg

It could be a tie rod isn't adjusted perfectly from the factory or the wheel wasn't put on perfectly straight either. I don't know much about the electronic steering system. I do know they steering columns are usually splined so it could possibly be off just one tooth. My $$ is on the tie rods not being perfectly even with the wheel. The alignment I bet is spot on and so is the steering but it left the wheel uncentered.

Not a Honda one but just so you get the idea. Most cars have something similar behind the wheel. It could be off just one little tooth. I don't know how fine the teeth are on your particular car.

spline.jpg

Back