Official Computer Talk Thread

That's not bad. Still have to make sure I have wiggle room. Just got back from vacation and I just spent like 60 bucks on parts that I wasn't expecting to need.

It's $31.49 till May 4th on Steam. I usually use this website http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to make sure that the game that I'm going to purchase will work on my computer. ;)

:giggle: @ the recommended requirements :rotfl:

CPU: AMD FX-8150 or Intel Core i5 4670K
CPU Speed: Info
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 290 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 35 GB

I guess this game will look like **** on my GTX 770 with my i5 3570k :rotfl:

Just got my first gaming PC a few months ago, had a friend build it for me and I'm loving it.

Corsair Obsidian 450D case
Intel I7-4790k
Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked X 2
G. Skill Trident X 16gb ram
Seagate 4tb sata
Crucial 250gb ssd
Corsair H100i water cooler
IMAG0286.jpg IMAG0285.jpg

^^

That is some serious rig.:omg: I bet you spent way over $2000 on all the parts.

Just got my first gaming PC a few months ago, had a friend build it for me and I'm loving it.

Corsair Obsidian 450D case
Intel I7-4790k
Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked X 2
G. Skill Trident X 16gb ram
Seagate 4tb sata
Crucial 250gb ssd
Corsair H100i water cooler

Holy large picture batman! ;)

Congrats on the PC! The only thing that would annoy me is the wires up top (by the h100i). I would have tried to tuck them away/hide them better.

What you using the PC for? Dual GTX 980's! damn

He would have done some cable management for me but I was impatient and wanted it sooner,the window isn't seen the way it sits but I'll probably fix it one day anyway

See I'm cheap and don't need a new graphics card.

Trust me I'm cheap too. The card I'm using now was a hand me down from a friend who got a better card. I usually upgrade every 2-3 years and its about that time. I'll probably be looking for the best AMD based card I can get my hands on for $200 or less. Probably something in the R9 series.

Trust me I'm cheap too. The card I'm using now was a hand me down from a friend who got a better card. I usually upgrade every 2-3 years and its about that time. I'll probably be looking for the best AMD based card I can get my hands on for $200 or less. Probably something in the R9 series.

Team Green is better ;)

So everyone keeps telling me, but I have yet to have any issues with Radeon cards.

I didn't have any issues with my HD6950 card but switched when I had issues with my brand new R9-280x (coil whine bad) and they were out of stock to exchange so I went with the GTX770

I'm pretty sure that's the card that my roommate has. Seems decent. I just got my girl a R9 270X around Christmas and that seems to do quite well also.

At the same time my money may be better spent upgrading the amount of ram I have currently.

You can get GTX 970 for around $300 brand new.

Not bad, but still a lot of money when your trying to save up to get a race prepped transmission for your project car.

Back