Engine mount

If your wanting to see a difference that is
Innovative has 62 next step is 75. I just want the downpipe not to hit anymore and I think 62 will do that. I am thinking I won't quite hit 200 to the wheels yet, so maybe 62 is fine. I've been a car with hard race mounts and everything shook even at idle.

Innovative has 62 next step is 75. I just want the downpipe not to hit anymore and I think 62 will do that. I am thinking I won't quite hit 200 to the wheels yet, so maybe 62 is fine. I've been a car with hard race mounts and everything shook even at idle.
I have the full 88a set from hasport. Car barely vibrates. It could be that I'm just used to it tho lol

Which one exactly?
Hasport 62A. I feel its plenty stiff enough for a street application. You can feel the vibration but it isn't bad. Im hoping once it breaks in some it will vibrate a little less cause idle to about 2k rpm rattles pretty bad right now, especially with the ac on.

Hasport 62A. I feel its plenty stiff enough for a street application. You can feel the vibration but it isn't bad. Im hoping once it breaks in some it will vibrate a little less cause idle to about 2k rpm rattles pretty bad right now, especially with the ac on.

It really isn't too bad once it breaks in, but, man, that vibration at 2k while it does is horrible.

I have a good friend who is a huge Honda guy telling me I'll end up ripping the 62a's. He has some crazy h series project, nos, track cars and all so maybe he is had these issues because his hp is way up there. Either way I'll get 62a and if needed I can always upgrade just the inserts I believe.

I have a good friend who is a huge Honda guy telling me I'll end up ripping the 62a's. He has some crazy h series project, nos, track cars and all so maybe he is had these issues because his hp is way up there. Either way I'll get 62a and if needed I can always upgrade just the inserts I believe.

62a is perfectly fine for bolt-ons. Otherwise, yes, a stiffer mount(s) will be necessary.

It really isn't too bad once it breaks in, but, man, that vibration at 2k while it does is horrible.

I know. Everything in the car rattles. But I can say it makes the car drive smoother and the shift from 1-2 feels so much better now.

$10 - replacement urethane from Hasport. You can totally change your stiffness if you start making more power.

http://hasport.com/store/index.php/accessories/urethane/urethane.html

urethane.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Just put the 88a rear hasport mount on last night.. I can definetly feel the vibration.. No parts rattling.. But its really not that bad.. The car feels alot stronger.. I like it.. It is a race car after all.. Ill be putting on the front 2 this week .. Ill update everyone..

Ok.. Now i have all 88a mounts in the car.. It sounds like im driving a bus haha.. Only because i think i have a bad thrust bearing or something in the clutch.. I can hear it chattering and whining, when put the clutch in it sounds alot better..
But in my opinion the vibration is not horrible but definetly there.. I like the way it sounds if it wasnt for this bearing problem.. Sounds more beastly inside..
You can definetly hear everything now with solid mounts on.. Which can be a good thing..

Ok.. Now i have all 88a mounts in the car.. It sounds like im driving a bus haha.. Only because i think i have a bad thrust bearing or something in the clutch.. I can hear it chattering and whining, when put the clutch in it sounds alot better..
But in my opinion the vibration is not horrible but definetly there.. I like the way it sounds if it wasnt for this bearing problem.. Sounds more beastly inside..
You can definetly hear everything now with solid mounts on.. Which can be a good thing..
yeah my trans is really loud and whiney too in second gear low speed

I know this is off topic but anyone think its a thrust bearing?? I hear it whining a little as i accelerate, when i let go of gas at high rpms i hear it chattering.. Once i put clutch in its all goes away... And when i turn the car off theres a bad chattering as it shutsdown

I mean throw out bearing.. Haha .. Got it mixed up with elevators.. I think i have a bad throw out bearing

Sounds like you have the clutch disc spring chatter problem if I had to guess. Pushing in the clutch removes the clutch from the drive train rotation thus stopping rotation and quieting down. Engine shut down noise is also a sign if i'm not mistaken. Could also be a throw out bearing as well. New clutch assembly usually fixes the concern from both sides. These cars have a whine/whirly sound that is just normal, alternator if i had to guess but you don't seem to fit that bill. It's one of the few things i wish i could eliminate on mine

Well everything was fine .. Me and my friend put the turbo in march of last year.. I couldnt do the clutch my self.. Right after i took it out of the shop that just installed the clutch, i noticed when i was driving about 45 mph in 4th gear, i heard a rattling sound as soon as i let go of the gas(still in gear) I push the gas in just a little bit, the sound goes away.. Let go of gas it comes back... Take it out of gear, the sound is gone completely.. You can hear while in nuetral and parked just a little.. When i hit the clutch in, the chattering goes away and you hear something whining down.. This shop definetly didnt do something right. I just wanna go to them with the correct response so they cant say s**t.. Because everything is amplified now with the motor mounts..
I took it to them last year but they had me convinced it was just pipes vibrating

Back