Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Put on some 2014 SI rims yesterday. Wash, clay bar, compounded scratches, polished and then waxed today.

I lowered in like maybe an inch when I took it outa the box. It was not drivable in that picture cuz my wheels are pretty wide lol so I've been making adjustments all day today. She's gonna be perfect!
Very nice! What size wheel and tire do you have?

What are you opposed to camber? Makes the car handle a bit better in the corners and doesn't kill tires until you get into a "high" degree of camber.

No matter how high or low the negative angle, your tires are still gonna wear uneven.
I personally like running 0 camber for a street car. Maybe if I tracked her then I'd run a little negative :p

I would prefer no camber myself but it looks like I'm gonna have to for the rears, they rub too much at the height I want.
Right, your doing it because you want your ride that low, I get it. Thankfully not rwd with that turbo lol you'd be spinning quite a bit.

No matter how high or low the negative angle, your tires are still gonna wear uneven.

Not really true. A lot of cars come with some amount of camber off the factory floor. Hell, the 9th originally came with -1.5° in the rear. That did cause a bit of excessive wear and now it comes with -1° of camber.

Not really true. A lot of cars come with some amount of camber off the factory floor. Hell, the 9th originally came with -1.5° in the rear. That did cause a bit of excessive wear and now it comes with -1° of camber.
Makes sense. When you corner the negative camber actually becomes neutral or something meaning you get even wear when cornering even if it's not aggressive. These people that look like like their tires are thrusters for a space ship is what gets me. To each their own but who can honestly think that it's a good look?

Hell I could care less about tire wear in the rear, I just want these bad boys to fit! :p

I just received my door sill garnish from YOspeed! Man these things are sexy. Hell yeah if you want to rice up your **** go ahead and get those light up joints. If you want a REAL classy and clean look, go to yospeed and pick them up. photos coming soon)

Back