Back up camera used as rearview camera while driving.

This worked great for me. I'm amazed how wide a field of vision it is. Virtually eliminates what little blind spots this car has.

This is the screen I get when I follow the same process. I'm guessing it's because I have the Nav.
I think your right @andre12dbsi. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have Nav, don't you see the back up camera in the Nav system and not in the iMid screen? You only see the backup camera in the iMid screen if you don't have Nav. (I don't have the backup camera so I don't know for sure)

I think your right @andre12dbsi. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have Nav, don't you see the back up camera in the Nav system and not in the iMid screen? You only see the backup camera in the iMid screen if you don't have Nav. (I don't have the backup camera so I don't know for sure)

Correct. My backup camera shows up in my Nav screen.

Figured it out on my 2014 EX

On the Display audio screen, press and hold home, power and eject for a few seconds. A screen pops up.
Select the bottom option.
2014-08-25 20.43.39.jpg
Go to gridlines setup

2014-08-25 20.43.51.jpg

Click on rear camera (forgot the picture for this.) Click either dynamic lines or fixed lines. It makes no difference. Neither lines move while you drive.

2014-08-25 20.44.59.jpg

Viola! you can now drive around with the backup camera on.

2014-08-25 20.44.48.jpg

There's some neat stuff in the diagnostics menus if you poke around. Apparently the car has built in GPS. I'm guessing it's part of the safety features to notify the cops if you get in an accident or something

Hope this helped. I'm looking forward to doing this tomorrow on the way to work :bananasplit:

On the Display audio screen, press and hold home, power and eject for a few seconds. A screen pops up.
View attachment 40076
Go to gridlines setup

View attachment 40077

Click on rear camera (forgot the picture for this.) Click either dynamic lines or fixed lines. It makes no difference. Neither lines move while you drive.

View attachment 40078

View attachment 40079

There's some neat stuff in the diagnostics menus if you poke around. Apparently the car has built in GPS. I'm guessing it's part of the safety features to notify the cops if you get in an accident or something

Hope this helped. I'm looking forward to doing this tomorrow on the way to work :bananasplit:
R if this will work with 13 navi.

I think the GPS is used for the safety features. I don't think it's used for the navi. I'm not sure but I think the Navi unit might be different than just the display audio unit we have.

Not sure if this will work with a 13 navi. I only have access to a 14 ex.

Isn't the GPS used for the nag system?

Yes, its so your wife/gf can tell when you didn't just run to the store but are out having fun and they can call you. It's a feature from Honda. They call your sig other when they know you aren't home and tell them how to remote activate it.

Cool !

View attachment 40076
Go to gridlines setup

View attachment 40077

View attachment 40078

View attachment 40079

Last edited:
I'm going to try this ASAP (2013 si Navi model) can anyone else confirm that this has worked for them?

R if this will work with 13 navi.
Was able to figure it out for us 2012/2013 with navi. Hold map/destination and cancel for 5 seconds. Then choose the bottom of the two options, monitor check, monitor adjustment, rear camera and finally "tuning". You can adjust it up down left and right but no real point.. I did but then just set it right back to default. Only way to get out of these screens is push return on the top right corner, cancel button does nothing. Explore these menus, and from the first screen I mentioned, you can click the bottom of the two options and then push and hold only destination (or possibly map) to get to the "for developer" screen. There's even a screen that tells you your exact gps coordinates and sea level.

I have a 2014 Civic Si Sedan without Nav and all I'm getting is a grey static screen. Does this happen to anybody else?

Back