Official Computer Talk Thread

How much are you looking to spend? $250, $500 or something under $1k? Any specific size of the screen? I assume this will be only used for internet and paying bills?
$400 ish on the high side. I have keyboard, mouse, and large monitor I would sometimes want to use if possible. Guess another CPU wouldn't be out of the question in order to get better specs for a low price.

Usually those under $400 have horrible CPU and no CD/DVD drive.:screwy: I'lll try and find something for you over the weekend. Also holiday is coming up so Newegg might have a sale.

Who uses CDs anymore? I had a 13in laptop with no cd drive and I was fine with that for about 2 years.

A friend of mine is looking for a new gaming rig so I might see if he wants to sell his to me. He prob built it 3-4 years ago with nice components at that time. I am betting it would be more than I am looking to get. Just depends on $$$ he would want.

Really guys?:shady: I used them quite often so I need optical drive in my computer.

Really guys?:shady: I used them quite often so I need optical drive in my computer.
Yes really. I seriously can't remember the last time I needed a CD.

New video card.. Downloaded drivers from manufacturer.

I don't remember when I needed a CD either... The last time I tried to install a game with a disk, it wouldn't install for some reason so I just downloaded it...

Last time I put a cd in my computer was to install the motherboard drivers well over a year ago.

funny-Mac-vs-PC-cars.jpg

@Flightmaster127 - I was looking at your PC setup picture in the DiRT Rally thread... I see you have your PC on the floor (carpet). I hope your PSU isn't starving for air. Please advise. Thanks (Concerned Bootyluvr)

Said Picture

img_0001a-jpg.47558

How is that bad on the floor versus up on a desk? It's not slammed back on a wall and the front is clear for air as well....?

How is that bad on the floor versus up on a desk? It's not slammed back on a wall and the front is clear for air as well....?

It usually tends to suck more dust from the carpet plus don't forget about the static electricity.

It usually tends to suck more dust from the carpet plus don't forget about the static electricity.
Mine was the same way up until a couple weeks ago. I put it on a small black 1/2 inch board to get it off the carpet. The case temps read around 3 degrees cooler since I did it

Its worse for the power supply. Most PSU's have a fan on the bottom while sucks air from the bottom of the case.. If you have your case on the carpet the PSU can starve for air causing it to get hotter or possibly die over time.

We do not have carpet here at my house so mine is on the hardwood floor so I don't have to worry about that.

So you are right about the back and front but forgot about the bottom ;)

@Flightmaster127 - I was looking at your PC setup picture in the DiRT Rally thread... I see you have your PC on the floor (carpet). I hope your PSU isn't starving for air. Please advise. Thanks (Concerned Bootyluvr)

My PSU is actually inverted in the case so it draws air from inside the case. My case doesn't have a bottom intake vent so I had to get creative. I have two case fans pushing cool outside air towards the PSU so its getting a fresh supply. My case temps aren't that bad since I went water cooling.

Did everyone get a message for Windows 10 today? Did you pre-register?

i saw it and am intrigued but worried it will kill off my diy dvr box if i do

For Sale - Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (Brand New - Boxed/Sealed)

20150602_191400_zps87dwbw3z.jpg

Back