Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

Watch them do like all other manufactures now and make it void your warranty if you hit the R button...

meh it really wont be much more then what im paying for my '12 HFP since i paid 32K all in (in alberta where everything is more expensive)

Interesting that they make the engine here in the U.S. I would of thought they would make them in Japan.

my deposit is down for one already!

You sure about that?
http://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-civic-type-r-engine-so-powerful-they-had-to-build-it-in-america/

"That’s right—while the 2015 Civic Type R will never be available in the U.S. market, the hot hatch’s mighty motor will be built at Honda’s Anna Engine Plant in Sidney, Ohio. The finished turbocharged powerplants will then be crated up and exported to Europe, where each will be mated to a six speed manual transmission (the only gearbox available, praise Honda) and slapped between the strut towers of the rip-snorting little hatchback."

:confused: honda said it'd be out .... I believe the term was "late 2016" during the unveil?

What color?

no idea yet. i was told id be called in and then be picking and choosing everything near the end of the year

You sure about that?
http://blog.caranddriver.com/honda-civic-type-r-engine-so-powerful-they-had-to-build-it-in-america/

"That’s right—while the 2015 Civic Type R will never be available in the U.S. market, the hot hatch’s mighty motor will be built at Honda’s Anna Engine Plant in Sidney, Ohio. The finished turbocharged powerplants will then be crated up and exported to Europe, where each will be mated to a six speed manual transmission (the only gearbox available, praise Honda) and slapped between the strut towers of the rip-snorting little hatchback."

its coming to NA, otherwise i dont think Honda would be allowed to even take deposits

:confused: honda said it'd be out .... I believe the term was "late 2016" during the unveil?

supposed to be coming out next year, im guessing it will come around mid summer, at the earliest

no idea yet. i was told id be called in and then be picking and choosing everything near the end of the year

its coming to NA, otherwise i dont think Honda would be allowed to even take deposits

supposed to be coming out next year, im guessing it will come around mid summer, at the earliest
I dont think there is any way we're going to get the Type R that soon. In that same Car and Driver article it says they are betting on it coming here as a 2018 model, maybe 2017. Obviously its all just speculation but Honda said that they would roll out the base civic first this fall, then the si next year, followed by the type r. I wouldn't hold my breath for it

I'll be looking to upgrade to the type r when I'm done paying off my 12 lx. It'll be a nice upgrade for me! :D plus I'm not a huge fan of the 10th gen. :/

Nice....hope a couple of those make it to the London dealership so that I might have a chance to see it in person in a couple weeks.

69cb66667fe36ba6548674abd0f5cc09.jpg

cf5919c6832014567772e0f6b25d121a.jpg

5ff0a9731ee8f67e0e02542e08fda024.jpg

b0f70ddb21d8b8a2f2dffdc096e83bb0.jpg

9fef9658edd159744f81b802d539bf69.jpg

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7224913-Honda-Civic-Type-R-2016-Testdrive

:popcorn::wink1:

Back