POST YOUR DE-CHROMED 2013/14 CIVICS

tarutubu.jpg
aqy3e9eq.jpg
just to give ya idea.

PMMcivicFB2: Thanks for this thread. Although I believe Honda made some improvements to the interior of the 2013's, I too dislike the looks of the three chrome strips that they added. I'm curious if anyone has any pics of their cars with those pieces removed. Is that an option that won't look terrible? What is the difference between plasti dip and vinyl (in terms of cost, difficulty, longevity & looks)? If I don't want to do the work myself, what is a reasonable amount for a shop to charge? How time consuming is the process (including removal and reattachment)?

PMMcivicFB2: Thanks for this thread. Although I believe Honda made some improvements to the interior of the 2013's, I too dislike the looks of the three chrome strips that they added. I'm curious if anyone has any pics of their cars with those pieces removed. Is that an option that won't look terrible? What is the difference between plasti dip and vinyl (in terms of cost, difficulty, longevity & looks)? If I don't want to do the work myself, what is a reasonable amount for a shop to charge? How time consuming is the process (including removal and reattachment)?

With out the chrome pieces on it doesn't look right
yhynu6e3.jpg
this is with out the chrome attached it just doesn't look good you have all the holes where the chrome clips in. As for grille I have no pics of the front side, but here's the back of the grille. It's gonna have a bunch of holes also where the chrome clips in.
a2u9ybyp.jpg
. As for plasti dip or vinyl id say dipping is easier but not a bang on color match and the texture is like a rubber which I don't like. With vinyl it's harder to do at least for the grille lower fog light section is super easy but it's a bang on for color match and looks more oem. If I had to vinyl again I'd definitely pay a pro. Took me 4hrs to do the grille and only 15 min each foglight garnish. If you've never vinyled and want it looking proper pay someone. IMO. As for price I know it can get a bit pricey. It's all about preference. Here's a few close ups of the vinyl grille.
taqybuve.jpg
and the foglight section.
umy7u9uz.jpg
9yrumyhe.jpg
6apehazy.jpg

Am I understanding you correctly? With plasti dip you're just doing the chrome pieces, but with vinyl you're doing the entire front grille? Why not just cover the chrome pieces in vinyl?

Am I understanding you correctly? With plasti dip you're just doing the chrome pieces, but with vinyl you're doing the entire front grille? Why not just cover the chrome pieces in vinyl?

No I took the grille off and wrapped it off of the car. Not the whole thing just the chrome.
a3uzy7ar.jpg

I wanted to try something that wasn't black or carbon fiber, so I eBay some crappy red tint to do a feeler.
1470096_10152744417666206_7231694598831317998_n.jpg

I like it, I do plan to get a higher quality tint down the line, but it gives me a good idea. Thoughts?

I wanted to try something that wasn't black or carbon fiber, so I eBay some crappy red tint to do a feeler.
1470096_10152744417666206_7231694598831317998_n.jpg

I like it, I do plan to get a higher quality tint down the line, but it gives me a good idea. Thoughts?
hmmmm it doesnt look bad but it doesnt look 'better' than chrome either. maybe try white??

Back