Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

i view it as i made the car the way it should have been, the v6 mt coupe is identical to my car in every way except 2 fewer doors and lighter, yet it gets those larger thicker brakes that mine didnt.

the konis will definitely be worth it on your car

The Michelins go for about $200 a tire right now. Most max performance summer tires would be around the same price too. If you could swing that with your next tire purchase, you won't regret it though. But I think any summer tire would perform better than an all season tire for autocross. I am no expert on tires by any means, just my opinion.
Ya I paid like $110 for my tiger paw uniroyal tired installed, I wish I bought the 2014 used they had when I got the 2013. I didn't consider the Tpms when I got the 13. I understand the 14 u can swap to winter 16's without sensors. I just bought my all seasons and the winters at the same time. I got them all for $800 with the first change for winter. I never did autocross before though, so I guess a rookie mistake. But I also will need tired for my pilot next spring and I need to save for those also.

You are correct about the TPMS on 14's. They have an Indirect TPMS that works by calibrating with the current tire pressure. It then calculates wheels speed and other parameters to determine if the tire pressure has changed. Sometimes it is a pain because it sets off after just a 2 psi loss. I have also had false warnings after driving hard.

Well I finished the coil install on my car, now just a matter of adjusting height tomorrow. And then an alignment a bit later

Went out to rotate the wheels and found this little gem on the rear pass side....

image.jpg

Looksike it's time to shop odor a new tire. Did not need this right now....

Did a test fit on my new roof rack so I can go biking.
c86f3adf3bf9e189c3d2ae6fb5cc2b3d.jpg

Just did a oil change. Not exactly picture worthy. Though, the Honda dumb Lube Tech at the dealership used hulk strength on the oil filter and spent 45 minutes trying to take it off. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow, but had to get a 12in Flat head and finally got it off. I'm surprised the o-ring didn't collapse or fail

Out: Honda 0W20 Honda Oil Filter
In: Mobil1 0W40 Euro Blend Fram XG7317

Solid looking caliper. Dupont hi-temp? I'd love to spray my calipers the red.

Back