Interior rattles

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Does anyone else notice the interior rattling when the stereo is on like above 10? Depends on bass levels in song as well but was just wondering if there was anything I could do about it. I realize I'm just being nit picky and its not even a big deal at all but figured that I'd ask.

Yeah usually the driver and passenger door card rattle a little bit.

Most noticeable one for me sounds like its coming from above the B pillar area

My '14 Si is the worst rattling car I've ever owned. I honestly don't even know where to begin.

The dash has a terrible vibrating rattle that is almost constant where the two dash pieces come together. I think I can fix it, but the cold weather has kept me out of the garage. I also have a glove box rattle from hell. Then there's the rattles in the seat belt tensioner area that I have had on my '08, '11, and '14 Si. There are some others in the back that will have to wait until the big ones are addressed.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

I would take it to the dealer.

just test it out one day.. if it's from the bass it could be coming from the doors or the rear deck. I don't think Honda would do too much about it honestly. the y will just say it's because of the bass. put some dynamic under all your panels that rattle. could do the trick.

Could come from anywhere. Dash, door, pillers, etc. Cheap cars will be cheap.

Really? These cars are mass produced and it's obvious that some of them will have rattles here and there, but it's not that difficult to fix them. You said "Cheap cars will be cheap" then I would suggest you test drive 3 series BMW or head over to BMW forums, some of them have unbearable rattles . Fully loaded 335 is $50k+ Cheap car huh? Let's just say that the build quality is not the same as it used to be.

Really? These cars are mass produced and it's obvious that some of them will have rattles here and there, but it's not that difficult to fix them. You said "Cheap cars will be cheap" then I would suggest you test drive 3 series BMW or head over to BMW forums, some of them have unbearable rattles . Fully loaded 335 is $50k+ Cheap car huh? Let's just say that the build quality is not the same as it used to be.

I concede. Cheaper materials are being use across all cars, the 3 series is no different.

Last edited:
My '14 Si is the worst rattling car I've ever owned. I honestly don't even know where to begin.

The dash has a terrible vibrating rattle that is almost constant where the two dash pieces come together. I think I can fix it, but the cold weather has kept me out of the garage. I also have a glove box rattle from hell. Then there's the rattles in the seat belt tensioner area that I have had on my '08, '11, and '14 Si. There are some others in the back that will have to wait until the big ones are addressed.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

Im with you on this. My dash rattles, glove box rattles, drivers seat creaks, heater fan buzzes, the rear window makes some weird tap/clacking noise in the cold. It's a symphony of irritating sounds. Dealers don't care about this sort of thing so you've kinda just gotta turn the volume up and stop caring.

I was considering trading my Mustang on a '14 M235. Decided to keep the Mustang and get the Si.

Anyway, the M was a sick, sick car, but it had a couple of very irritating rattles. That was a real turnoff on a $50K car. I think I would have bought it, looking back, had the interior not made noise.

But man that engine and transmission were just ridiculous. I'd like the car to be faster, but the handling and all-around performance was top-notch.

Driver's side top of the door panel rattles for me when I have the bass up. [emoji17] I keep telling myself "it's a $24k car it's going to do that" but cmon it's only a 2year old car. My only solution is to bring the bass down. Also my seat squeaks sometimes...

My 2015 Si sedan ( which is not even a year old ) and I have an annoying rattle/ creaking coming from the seatbelt area next to your head, on the driver's door. I think its the seatbelt where you can adjust the height but I could be wrong. I brought my car to the local Honda dealership, thinking it was the door itself that was creaking but they couldn't find the problem. So maybe its the seatbelt area? or is it the door? man I don't know. My 2007 Si coupe did not have any rattles/squeaks/creaks. The next day when I have a day off, I plan on getting this looked at yet again. Its an annoying issue

I have a rattle coming from the gauge area and the dealership apparently tightened some thing up when I brought it in. It was fine this summer, now that temps are around freezing its back.

I have a rattle coming from the gauge area and the dealership apparently tightened some thing up when I brought it in. It was fine this summer, now that temps are around freezing its back.

Our '12 Si has had a creak/squeak near the driver's side windshield/doorframe interface since new - Thank goodness it only occurs when it's below freezing and goes away about the time the Cold light goes out.

If mine went away once the light went out I wouldn't mind so much. It takes about 20 minutes of driving/heating up for mine to become unnoticeable.

Back