Test Your Internet Speed.

So what are you getting? over 160 Mb/s?

Laptop wired

4017927775.png

Sometimes around 100mb. That's why I asked what router you're using.:wink1:

Sometimes around 100mb. That's why I asked what router you're using.:wink1:

Oh gotcha.

I bought the Asus router December 1, 2014 (from Amazon) and it was great for about 6 months? then I started having issues with the 2.4Ghz frequency. All my devices connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency would drop randomly (5Ghz devices would be fine). We haven't added anything new to the house (cordless phones, ect)...

I have read quite a bit of reviews with people having the same problem. Some say they updated the firmware and it didn't resolve the problem... Some RMA'd the router and the new one had the same problem... Others either have not had the problem yet or they lucked out.

The problem is that it's intermittent.

Edit: I'm trying to find others having the same problem. Quick Google Search "rt-n66u 2.4ghz problems" finds ALOT of threads... :/

Because you have a basic package for internet from Comcast? You must live in a city since your Sprint service is that good.
No, actually i live about 20 east of Pittsburgh but there is a Sprint tower about 1/4 mile from me and i have the fastest internet through Comcast

No, actually i live about 20 east of Pittsburgh but there is a Sprint tower about 1/4 mile from me and i have the fastest internet through Comcast

Interesting. That's good you have a Sprint tower so close. I have a Verizon tower about 3 miles from my house but I still don't have that good of coverage here.

2.26 Mbps (download) / .36 Mbps (upload) for my Verizon 4G LTE at my house... :/

As for the slow Comcast issue... If you have the Blast service then you should be getting 105 Mbps (or greater).

* What modem do you have? (Is your cable modem docsis 3.0 or 2.0? (how old is it? model?))
* Do you use Comcast Gateway/wireless router or your own purchased wireless router?

It's an older modem I've had it about 3 years now from Comcast arris tm822 and the router is a netgear wndr3400 that i bought around the same time.

It's an older modem I've had it about 3 years now from Comcast arris tm822 and the router is a netgear wndr3400 that i bought around the same time.

Modem is DOCSIS 3.0 so that's not the issue. Router looks fairly decent.

All of your devices are getting the same speeds via Comcast? I'd power cycle your modem and router and see if the speeds improve. If that doesn't work then I'd hardwire a PC/laptop to your router and see if you get better speeds.

Back