Window visors

najib

Am planning on getting window visors. The ones am looking at seems to only use 3m tape to hold it. Is that enough? Don't they require hardware?

I put some 3-M visors on my Jeep and they stayed in place for 18 years...........
I did the same with my 2012 Civic, which have been on for over 3 years.......
To properly install them you want to clean the area where they will be adhered, ***Then go over that area with rubbing alcohol***, then only apply visors in a warm(75 degree+) climit controlled environment(or substituted with a hair blower). Then after installed, you want to go over it inch by inch with something like a rubber mallet(not to hit it), to use as a press in your palm(better than using your thumb).
Another thing prior to installing, is to go over the edge of the tape with a black magic marker so the white edge won't show after install.

I put some 3-M visors on my Jeep and they stayed in place for 18 years...........
I did the same with my 2012 Civic, which have been on for over 3 years.......
To properly install them you want to clean the area where they will be adhered, ***Then go over that area with rubbing alcohol***, then only apply visors in a warm(75 degree+) climit controlled environment(or substituted with a hair blower). Then after installed, you want to go over it inch by inch with something like a rubber mallet(not to hit it), to use as a press in your palm(better than using your thumb).
Another thing prior to installing, is to go over the edge of the tape with a black magic marker so the white edge won't show after install.
Thanks for the detailed info really appreciate it

Back