Official Computer Talk Thread

So I've had the new RAM in for about a month now (give or take) and no BSOD/issues.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the other set of RAM. I think my motherboard just didn't like the Corsair RAM. I rechecked their RAM compatibility list and see the 8GB version of my Corsair RAM but not the 16GB kit I had.

Anyone want to buy my Corsair RAM? :)

I had bad experience with Corsair and I won't buy any of their product unless it's a PC case.

finally got my gaming rig built and up and running.
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
GPU: msi r9 380
MOBO: msi z170a gaming m3
RAM: 2x8 Kingston hyperx savage black ddr4 2400
SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250 GB 250GB
HDD: Western Digital blue 1TB
CPU COOLER: Corsair H60
PSU: EVGA 650GQ
I spent a little more than i wanted to, but i think i should be good for a few years before i need to upgrade anything.

Last edited:
Picture taken in September 2014

20140903_123002.jpg 1439589110165.jpg

2 years later and nothing was changed or upgraded. If you do it right then you won't have to mess with it for a long time. I can still play all recent games and the ones that will come out this year on high settings.

I see something that needs changed... That cable management! #disappointed :bananapoke: :pout:

Ehhh as long as it's not getting hot I'm not worried about it. :)

But how can you live with yourself knowing the cable management is meh? :hiding: :popcorn:

Side Note: I remember having the 212 EVO CPU cooler. It is a nice cooler for $25-$30. :thumbsup: Doesn't look all fancy but it gets the job done.

But how can you live with yourself knowing the cable management is meh? :hiding: :popcorn:

Side Note: I remember having the 212 EVO CPU cooler. It is a nice cooler for $25-$30. :thumbsup: Doesn't look all fancy but it gets the job done.

I might get liquid cooling when it's time to upgrade.

Back