Will these wheels tires fit?

z00mer

Champaign/Urbana
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan FB6
I'm usually not a fan of starting threads like this, but here we go...
I've got some Motegi MR119's 18x8+45 with Nitto Motivo 225/45/18's from my previous ride. One wheel and one tire got destroyed in an accident with black ice last Nov. My question is before I order a new wheel/tire, will these fit my 2013 Si FB6, sporting H&R's giving it a drop of 1.5'F and 1.3'R?
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to do a test fit, which is why I'm reaching out to the community.
Also before anyone asks, the bolt pattern of the Motegi's is exactly the same as the Si's.
Thanks.

Essentially the same setup as the 2014+ si stock wheels with slightly different tires. 225/40-18 is the stock tire the 14+ si used.

225/40/18's I know will fit, but the 225/45/18 is what I'm wondering about... especially with my H&R Springs.

i believe you should be good. That shouldn't rub as the wheels do not have an aggressive offset but might mess with your speedo a little bit

vwiuwqi.png

Last edited:
You should plan to run slight negative camber front. I've got 17x8 +45, 225/45r17 tires with h&r springs and i get slight rubbing on big road bumps. I've ripped of most of my inner fender clips pins last summer.

^^

Same happened to me last summer with 17x9 35 wheels and 225/45 tires. Only lowered on Eibach ProKit and lost some inner fender clips on the front. I like to have fun on country roads :vtec::driving:

^^I'll take all of that into consideration when I finally get a chance to do a test fit.
Thanks for the replies.

Well just finished a test fit, and I'm happy to say they fit perfectly (with a 1/4 in. to spare)! Now I can order my replacements and hopefully have these on in two weeks. Quick question though... when getting new wheels, did you guys get new TPMS', swap over the factory ones, or just pulled the fuse in order to get rid of that mil?

Swap your factory tpms over to the new wheels. Pulling fuses will do nothing to get rid of the warning.

For a 2013 Si, 225/45/18 is way too big, over 5% larger than stock diameter. Almost a 26" tall tire. I would not run that size especially with any kind of a drop

View attachment 51531
Actually did a test fit two days ago, and everything fit just fine (ironically). No rubbing in tight turns either.
But I digress. After sporting with the Nitto Motivo's for 3 yrs, I was not impressed by their performance. Actually pondering G-Force Comp 2 A/S's or Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's. Both have proven their abilities to do what need in the Mid West.

Actually did a test fit two days ago, and everything fit just fine (ironically). No rubbing in tight turns either.
But I digress. After sporting with the Nitto Motivo's for 3 yrs, I was not impressed by their performance. Actually pondering G-Force Comp 2 A/S's or Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's. Both have proven their abilities to do what need in the Mid West.
the biggest concern is really your speedometer being inaccurate with the taller wheel.

Back