So a little update

I installed:

1) RBC manifold
2) Skunk2 composite fuel rail
3) J37 throttle body (OEM big bore)
4) ported RBC to match the throttle
5) Denso 410CC injectors

I'm going to tune next week
And also I have a full race cat back that has not been tuned. So I will be tuned with all the above including the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That RBC has some work done right? It looks soldered on the plenum
From his profile info:

Engine / Performance Modifications:
Custom CAI, RBC ported by Loaf, ZDX TB, 3" Full Race DP & Catback

218 whp
4a96a81d189929856f098f6ccd5fba13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My new numbers! 220whp on pump, 229 on E85! #derftuned

I've sure thought about doing that too... but was told E85 very corrosive for long term use.
What say you?

Got an edyno from Vit today, I was looking for some feedback on it.
I am stock expect for the HPS silicon intake tube which shouldn't really make any gains.
Numbers said 192hp and 160tq which to me sounds a little high..

http://faceroll-tuning.com/get/8D38...3D33D43E04F8F136E7682.5bc9d242-9568-4af2-b29f

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
discuss how and where I wanted power delivered.
So maybe he'll give you a second opinion. Just be aware, he tunes cars all over the world and is very busy. Still, never went more than 24-hours without an email response....

BTW, for guys in need of a future tune - this guy from etunez "Steve" (lives in Manitoba) is the bomb, not only for his willingness to discuss tunes over the phone (extensively i might add) but because he teaches this stuff at a local college. Yeah, he's the Professor.

My favorite part was actually the 2nd map, an economy tune. His first tune gave my stock Si a different personality with my personalized 98-octane 'Dragon Fuel' (sorry, secrets out) then i hired him later for the "economy tune" so the car could operate on regular 87 pump for the miles i drive to/from the Dragon, which is about 5,000/yr.

You've all seen places that have cheap regular but super super expensive premium? (Bend over baby!) Well screw those bandits. Whip out the FP, change the map to Econ and off you go. Car still runs fine, just takes 20hp off. I remember saving $7.00 on a single tank; made my day.

Steve and his band of merry tuners even teach a class once a year for DIYers... or for those looking for income. Coming up soon in early June.
http://www.e-tunez.com/services/efi-tuning-objectives-hondas-course-fee-only

@death_roll
@Nix
@Nomar06
@webby
@Gilles LeClair

Last edited:
That's vitvipers old partner. Vit used to be etunez. Now he's on his own site.

That's vitvipers old partner. Vit used to be etunez. Now he's on his own site.
Makes sense. I've used both Vit and Steve on the same car. To me there was no comparison. Steve gave me his number (unusual in itself) and was always available to discuss our projects at 4:00 PST, a pre-determined time for us. When we used email, he always responded within 24 hours. Amazing. Never got that with Vit... it was often several days between emails, which made progress inconsistent and the whole project very time consuming. I also felt there were too many revisions that didn't change anything. The process took months instead of weeks. Steve did 8 big revisions -- and I could tell a difference on each one. And given our frequent contact, I was able to datalog every other day or two and get him back to work on the next calibration.

Vit does make a lot of guys happy though, no question. And i'll tell ya something amazing about Vit too... I was stranded once (couldn't start the car after a reflash) sent him an emergency email begging for help, and sure enough he got back to me in 5 minutes. Really appreciated that.

Just saying if Vit seems a little too busy (assuming he's your first choice) check out the guys at E-Tunez. They're just as qualified if not more -- and the service is first class, at least with Steve it is.

P.S. By the way, my stock (freeway) MPG was always in the low 30's. Under ideal conditions Steve got me up to a high of 38, with the average now at 36. He killed it.

Thanks to you @webby a great many enjoy this 9th "Civic" website, despite a wide variety of characters and cars that hang here. (Some of the nicest and most educated i should add)
Do you operate a comparable 9th "Accord" site by chance, or know of one? From what i've seen, nothing compares to what you've done here, or the people that congregate here.
Nothing comes even close.

discuss how and where I wanted power delivered.
So maybe he'll give you a second opinion. Just be aware, he tunes cars all over the world and is very busy. Still, never went more than 24-hours without an email response....

BTW, for guys in need of a future tune - this guy from etunez "Steve" (lives in Manitoba) is the bomb, not only for his willingness to discuss tunes over the phone (extensively i might add) but because he teaches this stuff at a local college. Yeah, he's the Professor.

My favorite part was actually the 2nd map, an economy tune. His first tune gave my stock Si a different personality with my personalized 98-octane 'Dragon Fuel' (sorry, secrets out) then i hired him later for the "economy tune" so the car could operate on regular 87 pump for the miles i drive to/from the Dragon, which is about 5,000/yr.

You've all seen places that have cheap regular but super super expensive premium? (Bend over baby!) Well screw those bandits. Whip out the FP, change the map to Econ and off you go. Car still runs fine, just takes 20hp off. I remember saving $7.00 on a single tank; made my day.

Steve and his band of merry tuners even teach a class once a year for DIYers... or for those looking for income. Coming up soon in early June.
http://www.e-tunez.com/services/efi-tuning-objectives-hondas-course-fee-only
Thanks for the info @Bruce Bartlow. I'll put this in my back pocket for if and when I ever decide to go with ECU tuning on my car. It's good to have feedback on alternative tuners other than Vit.

Thanks for the info @Bruce Bartlow. I'll put this in my back pocket for if and when I ever decide to go with ECU tuning on my car. It's good to have feedback on alternative tuners other than Vit.
Thanks, @JonnyRotten, appreciate it. Vit's good, just distracted by other things so is very slow in responding. I was willing to pay the $159 again to know my tune was done right and to have somebody explain exactly what was going on. Steve at E-tunez did that for me.

I don't know of any 9th accord forums unfortunately, but I've not spent much time looking. There are some random general accord forums that cover all generations, but I don't know how good they are.

Makes sense. I've used both Vit and Steve on the same car. To me there was no comparison. Steve gave me his number (unusual in itself) and was always available to discuss our projects at 4:00 PST, a pre-determined time for us. When we used email, he always responded within 24 hours. Amazing. Never got that with Vit... it was often several days between emails, which made progress inconsistent and the whole project very time consuming. I also felt there were too many revisions that didn't change anything. The process took months instead of weeks. Steve did 8 big revisions -- and I could tell a difference on each one. And given our frequent contact, I was able to datalog every other day or two and get him back to work on the next calibration.

Vit does make a lot of guys happy though, no question. And i'll tell ya something amazing about Vit too... I was stranded once (couldn't start the car after a reflash) sent him an emergency email begging for help, and sure enough he got back to me in 5 minutes. Really appreciated that.

Just saying if Vit seems a little too busy (assuming he's your first choice) check out the guys at E-Tunez. They're just as qualified if not more -- and the service is first class, at least with Steve it is.

P.S. By the way, my stock (freeway) MPG was always in the low 30's. Under ideal conditions Steve got me up to a high of 38, with the average now at 36. He killed it.

There are a million Steve's, some are even willing to do "tunes" or "touch ups" for as low as $50. They will happily talk to you all day and tell you everything you want to hear. Something I learned several years ago -- when you actually know something in this industry, you don't share it. If you found an edge in this market, you don't give it up. I'll explain some basics to people (when to worry about knock counts, etc, that's good info for people to keep an eye on). Advanced topics and "what are you doing now?" -- yeah no thanks. It breeds copy cats and a ton of tooners will always exploit your work -- been there, done that, bred dozens of copy cats over the years. A lot of times they start out with "sure send me a log" then it goes to "lets see the map" and boom, they've now stolen someone elses work and keep it for themselves as their own -- which then migrates to other cars.

MPG is subjective -- said this a million times. There's very little you can do in the map to "increase mpg" -- adjust the way the car enters open loop and run tight trims. Cruising on the freeway will always be stoic and I've had tons of customers even F/I get your MPG's, it's a YMMV situation, doesn't say a thing about the "tune", especially now that it's back to summer time, most people will start to see a MPG increase.

BTW, you're praising the guy that doesn't even know the basics of setting up a calibration properly to run consistent fueling. When he can't figure something out, he throws in creative pictures in MSPaint with big words in his descriptions which are all wrong. Things also like "map sensor sticking" or "injector sticking" or "bad map sensor" when the only thing that's wrong is him -- had a customer buy a map sensor to fix a fueling issue that had nothing to do with the map sensor... almost had the customer buy a new set of injectors when the ones that come with the CT-e kit are fine and not the problem. I'm more than happy to show you... I don't just talk out of my *** (and yes I fixed it).

This is relevant.
legittuner.PNG

Back