21 Million Additional Hondas About To Be Recalled Over Takata Airbags

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Senators_question_Takata_airbag_executiv_2272900000_9710111_ver1_0_640_480.jpg

The largest automotive recall ever is about to get even bigger, as Honda will call back an additional 21 million cars, related to the Takata airbag problem, worldwide.

It's not clear yet how many of the additional 21 million vehicles are found in the United States or other countries, as the Honda Executive Vice President, Tetsuo Iwamura, did not say. However, the latest batch of cars are likely part of the campaign ordered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) earlier this month, according to the NYTimes.

Takata's airbag inflators that use ammonium nitrate and lack a moisture-absorbing desiccant can explode with too much force, sending shrapnel into the passenger compartment. Due to this condition, at least 13 motorists have lost their lives in the United States and Malaysia and more than 100 have been injured in accidents worldwide.

Cars from approximately a dozen automakers have been caught up in this crisis and replacing their airbags is a costly job. Honda had set aside $2.45 billion to cover the Takata recall-related costs, but it ended up spending a little over $4 billion, for the financial year that ended in March.

Takata expects a net loss of $121 million for the financial year that has just ended, which will add to a previous net loss of $276 million and comes in contrast with the forecasts that indicated a $46 million profit.

So why is Honda loosing soooo much more than Takata? Shouldn't Takata be responsible for all the cost that auto manufactures have to shell out due to their faulty product?

I'm sure it would cause Takata to close up shop, but still......

• Staff
Those were losses for their quarter. Estimates in march said this may cost takata 24 billion

=======
Japan's Takata Corp. could face about $24 billion in costs to recall its airbag inflators in a worst case scenario, Bloomberg news reported, sending its shares tumbling by one fifth to an all-time low.

A scenario involving the withdrawal of all airbag inflators made by Takata containing ammonium nitrate - the explosive chemical used in potentially faulty air bags at the centre of a global recall - would affect 287.5 million inflators, Bloomberg quoted a person familiar with the matter as saying.

Well, wonder if my car is on the list these days.

I had the airbags in my 01' Accord replaced due to this back in like 2008 or 2009. They knew about it way back when.

I received an email from Honda with a link to check my VIN to see if my vehicle is affected by the recall.
I still have to plug in my VIN and see if the recall applies to me.

whats the link ?

2008-2011 Honda Accord 2003-2011 Honda Element 2002-2004 Honda Odyssey
2010-2011 Honda Accord Crosstour 2010-2011 Honda FCX Clarity 2003-2011 Honda Pilot
2006-2011 Honda Civic 2007-2011 Honda Fit 2006-2011 Honda Ridgeline
2005-2011 Honda CR-V 2010-2011 Honda Insight

Fckkkkk thisssa airbagsss i have to deal with them everydayyyyy lol..i have nightmares with this things..honda better give us service advisor some kind of incentives when this is all good and done lmao...:)))

Back