LED Daytime running lights

^ correct... swapping out is just as you'd replace the other stock headlight bulbs.

it looks nice but u lose ur high beam, i need my high beams to watch out for deer. came close to couple incidents deer on roads

Yeah, I can't lose my high beams either. I drive mountain roads to Lake Tahoe. Hit a deer with my 2010 EX sedan a couple of years ago. I posted some time ago about trying to rig it so my fog lights would be on when I had my high beams on for the extra light. Of course this is illegal in California. Went to an auto wiring shop and they said they couldn't do it because the system was computerized. Sounds like BS to me but I didn't pursue it. I imagine that I could just run wires from a power source to a switch to the fog lights and it would work. Just like in the old days when you wanted to wire some lights in your car. Am I right?

Question, I installed a pair of Cree LED DRLs yesterday and they are fantastic, but now have the issue of a DRL pop-up message on my iMid screen each time I start the car. I assume this is due to the different type of bulb and it's throwing an error code. How do I get rid of this message? Anyone know? Thanks as usual.

Back