help needed in hardwiring.

sahil

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Vehicle Model
Honda
Body Style
Coupe
hello i just bought a dash cam and comes with hard wire kit complete and it looks pretty simple to install and i wanted to try to install it but im little unknown on how to remove dashboard or access fuse box inside the car. since local installer wants @75 bucks for 2hrs which is kinda bull:(.

if anyone has some free time, step by step with pic or video guide for accessing fusebox and removing lower dashboard to access fusebox would be awesome with tools i need :) i have till about 3 more days till i get my camera and kit :)

im getting this :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Gow5pbeEg

Thanks 2013 coupe

@webby @Pauly99to17 @ADExternal @Dar-Dar

Last edited:
its kinda just like that attach cables to fusebox and ground wire to bolt or something but how do i actually access that pic at step 6? like what i need to take out or to do to get to that step?

Fuse panel is up under the dash. Get down low and look up above where your clutch/brake pedals are. You'll see it.

@webby @ADExternal so i went back to walmart and found me a nice old man who has prior experience in fuse stuff and said damn son you got the wrong thing lol... my face dropped lol that tester was not suppose to work in cars he said and pointed me a new one and he and i tested it and i found about(edit:8 confirm) fuses that are active without the key.

video with me checking :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74YimFvXEsQ
(upload via hd button iphone, but quality is not good i guess).

sssf.JPG
fuses that lighted up without key:

11 Moonroof (20a)
12 accessory power socket (with idk why it did since it doesnt give power to my 2 usb charger port i have.) (20a)
27 accessory power socket (same above except i have radar dectector in there) (20a)
38 left headlight high beam (10a)
39 right headlight high beam (10a)
40 TPMS (7.5a)
41 door lock (20a)
42 Driver power window. (20a)

fuses that did lightup with key.

19 to 22 confirm
19 acc (7.5a)
20 acc key lock (7.5a)
21 daytime running lights (7.5a)
22 hac (7.5a)

Glad you got it! Did he say what the other one was used for?

Glad you got it! Did he say what the other one was used for?
which are you referring it to webby. if the other tester than it mostly need to be used for home wiring and stuff since you can clip in on lets say you got 6-7 wires open and you clip it to one of them and test the other 6 wires if there are 7.

now im mostly ready still waiting for @ADExternal for further instructions on which fuse to use and how to take kickpanel off since thats the only bolt i can use , if you have since the prior picture, the bolt he refer to was already full by dealer has about 3-4 connections on it already and dont want mess with it.

Yeah I was referring to the light tool you had originally. I wondered what its I tended purpose was used for, or if the employee talked about it. So, home use.

I'm not sure what bolt you're referring to, but a socket will definitely remove whatever is there.

Yeah I was referring to the light tool you had originally. I wondered what its I tended purpose was used for, or if the employee talked about it. So, home use.

I'm not sure what bolt you're referring to, but a socket will definitely remove whatever is there.
this bolt. but i cant remove this since it already has so many connections by dealer. but i will be removing the bolt in adexternal pic.

first pic is mine (the closet from fusebox ) and second is @ADExternal (the bolts which are behind hood realeaser ) so i have to take the kickpanel off to access those two bolt which hopefully ill use for ground .
sssf.jpg ffdfg.jpg

I don't have a 9th gen to be of any real help. No reason you can't add another wire to the spot that has a bunch. Just loosen it and insert all the connections on the bolt you have pictured. It may take some patience to get them all back on the bolt, but it can be done.

I have removed that ground bolt even thought there are many other stock grounds there. I think I added two or maybe even three more there. No worries.

Don't know if you figured it out or not, but, I bought an accessory wire from the dashcamstore to make it easier. Plug and play into the fuse box that only is on when the car is on or it will drain your battery. Ground the other wire wherever you can. It was kind of tight when I did it but it worked.

Thanks for the info. Hardwired my dash cam today and needed a constant and ACC connection. List Sahil's list and pic was great. Used #39 and #19. Hardest part was looking for a ground connection.

Thanks for the info. Hardwired my dash cam today and needed a constant and ACC connection. List Sahil's list and pic was great. Used #39 and #19. Hardest part was looking for a ground connection.

Glad i was able to help you mate. Ground connection is the karma.

Back