Kraftwerks Supercharger vs CT-e

jayjay

hey guys, probably seen this on other threads or even on here but nothing really goes in detail but, what are the key differences with this and the ct-e supercharger. i was debating on going turbo but i wanted a nice and reliable dd with out running the risk of blowing up my motor that turbo delivers. i do know fairly a lot but i just wanted a little more info on what you guys think about these superchargers. I also saw in a video that the kraftwerks resembles a Blow off valve type sound which is due to the recirculating by pass valve and i thought that was pretty neat. thanks for all your help guys.

I have heard great things about both, but the kicker with the Kw kit is that its a little more involved on install, and not to mention the difference in the price. I personally, want the CT-E kit and am impressed with how nice it is for the price relatively speaking

This is a quote from 9thgen civic by vit viper

We are an authorized CT-e dealer and we've put together a deal for the whole shebang for people wanting to get the most out of their CT-e setups in one fell swoop with all the right parts to make sure she runs better than stock!

The package includes:

* CT-Engineering Supercharger kit
* Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors w/ pigtail clips
* Deatschwerks DW65c drop in fuel pump (needed for big power!)
* VitTuned "Stage 2" Aftercooler kit
* VitTuned 2.95 blower pulley
* Hondata 4 bar MAP sensor

Retail pricing on the above is $5916, with the combo deal it is $5290 with FREE shipping in the lower 48 USA states.

A FREE basemap to get the car running. If you want an eTune, add $100 with the combo deal. If you want, we can also install & tune it at our shop -- typical turn around on this whole package is same day (you drop car off in the morning, pick it up in the evening). Install & tune at the shop is $600.

We can ship internationally, but you need to get a price quote on shipping from us.

But wait, there's more. Need a clutch to handle the setup? We offer the Exedy Stage 1 & Exedy flywheel for $550 when purchased with the combo package (meaning we ship it all together to save money on freight to give you a good deal). Without the combo deal the clutch & flywheel is $595 shipped in the lower 48 US.

The aftercooler kits are currently preorder -- we are making many more, but stock has been sold out.

Thats actually a really good deal with everything inlcuded like that honestly. And Vit, his tuning is more than what your expecting. It will exceed.

I wanna add that the kraftwerks kit can be used with the stock down pipe and exhaust putting out around 317hp (a member on 9th gen civic has 3k miles with stock dp and exhaust). A ct-e with a 2.95" pulley, cai, dp, exhaust, and aftercooled will put out anywhere between 317-330hp. Both kits deliver around the same amount of hp but the ct-e kit can be moded more than the kraftwerks kit.

I wanna add that the kraftwerks kit can be used with the stock down pipe and exhaust putting out around 317hp (a member on 9th gen civic has 3k miles with stock dp and exhaust). A ct-e with a 2.95" pulley, cai, dp, exhaust, and aftercooled will put out anywhere between 317-330hp. Both kits deliver around the same amount of hp but the ct-e kit can be moded more than the kraftwerks kit.

DONT BUY KW KIT and end up like me. Right now, no car and no SC on it.

My experience:

I purchased the KW kit, 110mm pulley, along with a fuel pump, stage 1 clutch flywheel, Skunk2 downpipe, Skunk2 catback exhaust.

I had VITVIPET tune the car, and we ran it on one basemap which I drove the car for the whole day. Kept checking the oil, everything was great. I got the second map from VIT, i uploaded it and it was required that I do ONE WOT in 3rd gear from 1,700rpms to 5,500rpms. I drove the car like a baby knowing its not tuned all the way. When I got to do ONE WOT in the 3rd gear, 10 seconds after the belt made some crazy noise and the car shut off but I was able to pull over because I the car was rolling. The SC unit was smoking, the pulley of the rotrex was stuck. I am working with them right now as we speak and need to send my unit to Denmark as well, but I drove the car for ONE day. Haha. Thats how long the unit lasted.

I had 3 different mechanics come and go over the installation with me, SC Unit was primed right, otherwise it would not run for a full day. But that one WOT in 3rd gear, messed it up. So my experience is that it lasted one day. You are lucky that yours laster 16,000 miles, mine lasted about 200-300 miles. I have lost all respect for the entire company, SKUNK2, KreftWeft, and Grams. When the installation was complete, I couldn't start my car at first because one of the Grams 1000cc injectors was not working.

Guys take it from my experience, look on other websites as well, DONT BUY THIS KIT. You will be 5000$ in a hole and you lucky if you get 5,000 miles out of it. I got 300 miles as it failed after the second basemap. I am in the process of returning the entire system to them, I dont care what they say about their assessment that will be provided to me in 6-9 weeks, i am returning the system. KW supercharger is NOT RELIABLE, it is cheap and not worth spending money on it. If you dont want to listen to me and learn from my experience, go ahead and buy one and remember what I told you and you will see what will happen.

In the future I personally will never buy anything from Skunk2, Kreftwerks, Grams or anyone affiliated with their cheap company. I should of listened to everyone and went with CT-e. Now its too late, I am returning everything to them as we speak and I will sell this car and buy something else.[/QUOTE]

I would like to add one more thing, KW customer service is good. when one of the injectors was messed up, they sent it to me via next day air. I worked with their engeener named CJ, and he did provide great customer service. It is hard to get ahold of them, but they do respond via email. But the KW supercharger system, is absolutely terrible. The Rotrex Unit will not last you a while. You lucky if you get past the point that I did. Because it is just engineered using the cheapest and most unreliable material. If I listened to VITVIPER, he even told me to go CT-e but I wanted to get more power out of it and ended up getting nothing. Now, I dont have a car nor do I have a SC on it. Horrible experience and thats why I wanted to write this on here so that all of you know and that you dont end up like me.

Sorry to hear about the issues man. I hope they end up taking care of you.

igor that sux man, never cheap out when modding, always get the best of the best. even then it's if'y

I have had no issues with my Kraftwerks kit since its install last year. There are many others with no issues. Modding is risky business and a gamble. I wouldn't say the entire kit is junk though. It is definitely not a cheap kit by any stretch of the imagination. My pocket book agrees...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you say that? I don't really think there is any additional maintenance required.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To be honest I only have experience with b series and boost. So ur right I can't really put an opinion on it.

Ive seen this debate a lot, especially when I was looking into boosting my own car. After reading countless threads, and tons of information about each system, I came to one single conclusion. Its simply preference. What I mean by that, is that each system has its pros and cons. Where one shines, the other usually comes up a bit short, and vice versa. For instance, I chose the KW system. My preferences were, I wanted something that had a very linear power delivery, was pretty quiet to keep it a sleeper, and would deliver good peak power. Now, the CT kit may not be as linear ( in terms of progresive power delivery ), and it may not have as high of a peak HP rating ( dollar for dollar ), but it gives a harder hit of power at a lower RPM, and has a good amount of HP over the KW in the low to mid RPM range. So again, it just depends on which characteristics you are looking for. I didnt want to have to put in a "heavy" clutch since this is my DD. With the KW kit, the power comes on very smoothly and progressively, so I can go with just a stage 1 clutch and be absolutely fine, since it doesnt get a harder hit of power down low like a CT delivers. As far as reliability issues, if you look, you will find horror stories for all systems. Keep in mind that most people only voice their opinion and go on a rant when they are unhappy. So the bad news will always be way out of proportion to reality. Also, from my research, it seems like a lot more people are getting the KW kit than the CT, so even if the percentage of "fails" is equal in both systems, the overall number of KW complaints would therefor be greater. I believe both systems are equally good, it just simply comes down to preference. When you remove all the fanboys and people feeling that they have to pick a side, and look at it from a completely objective point of view, it really is just preference of the qualities you want your system to have.

Back