sound system upgrade help

basemodelop

I have a 2015 honda civic sedan lx and want to add some bass to the system. My friend suggested that i just replace all the factory door speakers as apposed to installing a 12'' pioneer sub that my cousin gave me. Please help me out with ideas and experiences. Thank you.

You have the 160watt stereo system in your car. Use the sub you have if you're looking for more bass. New door speakers would help overall, but it's not going to add a lot of bass.

You have the 160watt stereo system in your car. Use the sub you have if you're looking for more bass. New door speakers would help overall, but it's not going to add a lot of bass.
Yeah the speakers sound good enough for me i just want a little bit more of bass but not anything to drive around obnoxiously with. So it is what i plan on doing. I really hoped there would be plenty of information out there for me to be able to do it myself, unfourtinately i cant seem to find much. Even on this forum, maybe im not looking in the right places? I spoke to an installation mechanic and he said it was fairly easy for being a new car. If you could help me out here webby even by pointing me in the direction of a link which could, that would be amazing. Thank you!

Do you already have an amp chosen? There are a few diys people have done regarding adding an amp/sub. Some of the info won't pertain to you though since some of the diys are in the si (it already has a stock amp).

Do you already have an amp chosen? There are a few diys people have done regarding adding an amp/sub. Some of the info won't pertain to you though since some of the diys are in the si (it already has a stock amp).
I have yet to purchase the amp however i know which one i am going to get yes. Im going to go with a hifonics zeus 600w amp. Im already aware of this because all of the info i have been finding is with the si's and it seems pretty simple to rewire a new sub in from the stock sub. I really am just looking for a video or even a step by step how the signal from the head-unit reaches the amp. As well as which fuse port is most approperiate to use for the amp control switch.

It's all step by step in the link I posted above?

If u have premium sound, use an amp that accepts the balanced differential outputs. If it does not have the premium sound, use whatever with high level inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely not the person to talk to regarding what amp is best. Some of the other sound guys will hopefully chime in, or you could make a new thread asking for amp suggestions.

Maybe @Pauly99to17 can help me on this one..
I went with Alpine and am happy. There are so many options. They all do the job fine when it comes to driving a sub. Just make sure you have enough power. I would not recommend getting a low power amp thinking that you don't want a super loud obnoxious sound. From what I have learned, it is always better to get a higher power amp than you intend on using. This way you will never need to max the amp out. This causes distortion.

So, any high power amp will do for powering the sub IMO. The speaker amp is much more important and will take some research about what kind of sound you want. Once again, I'm happy with my Alpine one. Stick to the principal that buying a higher power rated amp is better for clarity because you don't need to push the amp.

Hello guys,

Im looking at this amp i saw on amazon. Has somebody tried this one? Im looking to get an amp and a sub with a $250 budget. Please help me deciding on choosing the sub as well. 10" sub is enough or should i go with 12"? I just wanted to add some bass to my stock stereo.

Thanks guys!

BOSS AUDIO R1100M Riot 1100-Watt Monoblock, Class A/B 2 to 8 Ohm Stable Monoblock Amplifier with Remote Subwoofer Level Control
Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S4XNEO/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_y9tBxbSQKJ084

Back