Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Hello guys

I just don't understand about what I did wrong on my DIY paint on the Modulo lip.
There are a few paint cracks/chips as soon as I moved the lip around to make space of my small yard.
The Modulo lip should be polyurethane or urethane material. I did spray a few coat of adhesion promoter and primer before spraying base coats.
I think I missed something in the prep work to cause this issue. Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks
WP_20160625_002.jpg

Although I ran into issues with painting the Modulo bumper lip, I didn't run into any issue with the Mugen style side skirts. I'm going to ask the body shop to repaint the Modulo lip.

DIY painted both side skirts. 3 base coats and 3 clear coats. Spent about $50 on paints (1 can of DupliColor Adhesion promoter, 3 cans of DupliColor Taffeta White, 3 cans of DupliColor Clear coat). I will install that shortly once they are dried.
WP_20160702_002.jpg

Last edited:
The modulo grille with red emblem and mugen side skirts are successfully installed.
The paint of side skirt is not bad, very close match. It is a DIY and I call it done. Now I move onto installing modulo front lip shortly. I either attempt to repaint it again or ask a shop to do it but it costs $$$.
WP_20160715_001.jpg
WP_20160715_003.jpg
WP_20160715_005.jpg

Last edited:
nice work! Have you thought about plasti dip the center of the front lip/bumper black to match the black insert on the wing?

Reactions: Tak
nice work! Have you thought about plasti dip the center of the front lip/bumper black to match the black insert on the wing?
Hi @Nix
I did that in the past before the front bumper got replaced.
I will do it again once the front lip is painted and installed.

Reactions: Nix
I just ordered a rear set of mud guards from @CollegeHillsHonda
Do I color-match it or leave it as black?
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
The OEM rear mud guard will be delivered to my house this weekend. I will leave it as black and see if I want to color match it later.

As I have no time to repaint the modulo lip, I asked a body shop that will repaint and install it for $200. The price sounds reasonable to me.

I also ordered the K2motor JDM yellow fog lights kits. $45 is no brainer. If it doesn't work well, I'll go with OEM next year. It will be installed at the same time as the modulo lip is being installed by the shop. Get the front end done in one shot.

I'm about to complete the body kits in two weeks or so Then I'll take a break and just do some light mods such as sport pedals. Next year will be all the HID headlights and an LED tail lights fun.

Last edited:
I'm excited. Just received the JDM style yellow fog light kit from K2motor. I will get them installed very shortly along the modulo lip, which will be repainted by a shop soon.
WP_20160727_003.jpg

Received the OEM rear mud guard for 2012 Si Rear bumper from College Hills Honda. It will be installed shortly.
WP_20160728_002.jpg

You could always try white plastidip on them if you want to see how it looks.

Weekend is the best. There's no work and I can enjoy the nice weather, working on my car, and being with my family.
I just spent a couple of hours Saturday's morning to enjoy nice but not hot weather, and mounted the fog light lamps on bumper. Then I'll ask a mechanic to connect the wires sometimes in August.
WP_20160730_001.jpg
WP_20160730_002.jpg
WP_20160731_005.jpg
WP_20160731_007.jpg

Last edited:
Good call on the rubber stopper around the plate. People love bump parking down there.

Good call on the rubber stopper around the plate. People love bump parking down there.
Yes. It is a must in NYC. I don't have the rear bumper guard though, which looks ugly and I rather get it repainted when the scratch is so bad LOL

Back