2016 Tail of the Dragon V September 22nd-25th: Registration

Looks like it will probably only be me this year. Don't think the Si will be fixed in time for my son to drive too.

Son got bumped while at school at a light by a 2013 Yukon Denali. 4k in damage for initial estimates.

I will be attending (sorry, thought I made this post already). Also sending payment.

Attending by myself from Kansas City with a dark gray slowbaru.

Got the funds.....thanks.

@death_roll ... what's your impression of the MR2 compared to other cars you've driven?

^ is an EPIC trip. Everyone knows about the Moonshiner 28, my all time fave. Then the 441 east is a glorious stretch of 4 lane highway that drops several thousand feet. But the real deal is the 281 and the 215, which I prefer driving northbound for the added traction. You guys are going to love that route.

BTW, there is an actual "Devil's Triangle" way up north. Wicked switchbacks. http://devilstriangletn.com
Generally has to be done before or after the entire trip to the Dragon.

Uhhh....it's light, quick turn in but can want to swap ends easily. Quicker than a Miata.

Can't really drive it with the throttle too much, too soft suspension that unloads the front under acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son got bumped while at school at a light by a 2013 Yukon Denali. 4k in damage for initial estimates.

Is he going to come with you? or is he not coming at all. Trying to figure out how much $ I need to send back to you.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more damages at the rotary by the bridge. We nearly got t-boned there recently. Scary.

Updated the first post with some info for Saturday and Sunday "events".

I will try to update for Friday but nothing is set in stone just yet. Maybe a group drive but might depend on this gas situation we have going on.

What do you want to know? I am seeing him tonight. Car will be hitting autotrader.com soon from what I know.

Yea, I'll probably put it up on autotrader, as it doesn't seem like anyone in the local friend-base is showing enough interest.

Details:

07 Si, 2dr, Nighthawk Black
135k miles (supercharged for 71k miles)

The good:
New All Season tires
Freshly rebuilt trans (with OEM gears/bearings/synchros)
New ClutchMasters FX300 clutch
New front rotors and pads
Oil used: Amsoil 0w-30 and 5w-30 at OEM recommended intervals.

The bad:
Substantial "cancer" spots on the roof
May need a VTC actuator
Was put on frame straightener several years ago, due to highsiding the passenger side of the vehicle on a concrete light post base @ ~5mph. (The lightpost's bulb was out, and the car's A pillar blocked my view of said light post.) Knock on wood, never had an issue getting it aligned to desired specs.
Aftermarket windshield (OEM cracked one winter. NOT related to an accident.)
Needs new battery (still starts the car, but it is definitely weak.)

I'd like to see $4500 for the car. (If/when it is listed on AutoTrader, I'll likely list it for $5k, simply due to the STOOPID level of mark-up in the used market ATM.)

Back