Battlefield 1 Discussion Thread

^^
whoever played this have no idea wtf they are doing:pat:

With EA Access which cost $4.99 you can play Battlefield 1 for 10 hours aka Trial. No need to pre order anything and your progress will carry over. :thumbup: Games looks stunning on PC btw

Looks like they should have renamed the game Smokefield 1

Just looks like 90% of the game is smoke/fog/fire or whatever from what I saw in the vid. Just shooting blindly into smoke and killing people.

I played the beta, and it was absolutely incredible. No smoke or haze, was out in the african desert. Same map, and I played for a week straight and never got bored. With the same map!

I played the beta and it wasn't to bad. I played thru a few sand storms as well, I just hope they carry it out just as good as when the game is actually released. I want the game just probably wont even get the game till closer to the holidays to stuck into Forza Horizon 3, and now Mafia III lol, so much gaming and so little time to fit it in.

So far overall the game seems really good. Played about 4 hours of the campaign today and i cant complain. Also did 2 online matches and everything seems to be working well.

Yup, games runs much better than it did during beta.

For some reason I can't see my frames per second numbers when playing Bf1. I'm using MSI afterburner and it's updated.

Off topic but I just made possibly the best video game investment I've made in a long long timeimage.jpg . $5.

I got Origin Access ($5) which includes a 10 hour trial of BF1.

It's alright. As of now I won't be purchasing it. But the reason for this post isn't for that topic but BF1 performance/CPU usage.

Those that do play on PC what are your details?

CPU: i7 4790k (stock) --> Temp = 79C (max) with ambient temp of 78-80F (in the office)
CPU Cooler: h100i GTX (performance mode)
GPU: GTX 970 FTW (Temp = 60C)
CPU Usage: 100%
GPU usage: 78.9%
Resolution: 1080p (dual monitors)
Settings: auto (high)

I've been reading on Reddit and Battlefield forums and even the new(er) CPU's are maxing out/high temps.

It is mostly same as yours. My CPU temp was also reaching 80c on Sunday. Not sure about GPU and CPU usuage

It is mostly same as yours. My CPU temp was also reaching 80c on Sunday. Not sure about GPU and CPU usuage

Thanks for the reply.

I think last night it did hit 80C. I've never had a game that reached that high of a CPU temperature. :eek:

What if you set all settings to medium or low? The temperature should decrease no?

What if you set all settings to medium or low? The temperature should decrease no?

While I'm sure that will decrease the temperatures what's the point of buying a $60 game (Yes I didn't buy it yet) and playing it on medium/low? Especially when your CPU should/can handle it.

I will do a test later (if I have any time left on the 10 hours of trial) and see if the temps/usage lower for the CPU.

It's like buying a sports car, putting all-season's on it and then take it to the track.. :hiding: ;)

Nice smart *** response :thumb::wink1: Hopefully they release new update soon. There was an update for Origin this morning btw

Back