Official Gun Thread

Haven't decided on a handgun yet... I like the Springfield XDm 4.5" 9mm and the Glock 17 Gen 4

I am going to the York Gun Show tomorrow with a friend :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nix
Crap, I've still gotta go pick up my CCDW. Been sitting at the Sheriffs office for like 3 months now.

Haven't decided on a handgun yet... I like the Springfield XDm 4.5" 9mm and the Glock 17 Gen 4

I am going to the York Gun Show tomorrow with a friend :thumbsup:
I just want to pitch the 1911 style hand gun, not matter what company makes it or what caliper. it's worth trying(Actually firing) before buying anything.
I could run a list of what I believe to be what sold me on them, but shooting one, or more is what will set you free. One worth buying will cost over a thousand, but will stay in your life forever.

I just want to pitch the 1911 style hand gun, not matter what company makes it or what caliper. it's worth trying(Actually firing) before buying anything.
I could run a list of what I believe to be what sold me on them, but shooting one, or more is what will set you free. One worth buying will cost over a thousand, but will stay in your life forever.
Haven't seen you around much lately. Things good?

Haven't seen you around much lately. Things good?
Doing ok, thx for asking. I've been following a lot of "YouTube" about firearms, Semi auto pistols, and ar's. Four years is my limit to move my interest to something else(1 reason I'm single).
I had a AR built about a year ago, and have been going to the range about once or twice a week. While I'm there I've meet other people that like to share their weapons for me to try, me them. At the end of the day, it's a great way to meet people, and a super op to fire a round or two from another rifle/hand gun. This is how I got introduced to the 1911's.

whatd you like about the XDM over Glock?

wanted to make a glock fanboy post, but my cwp weapon of choice is a XDs-9 3.3

whatd you like about the XDM over Glock?

wanted to make a glock fanboy post, but my cwp weapon of choice is a XDs-9 3.3

They have Glock fanboys? :hiding: :popcorn:

When shooting both (Glock 19 Gen 4 and XD(M) 4.5" Full Size 9mm) the XD(M) felt better in my hand.

I was looking at these Glocks, & XD M, looks like the xdm is shaped better for the hand. I own a .40 cal. Glock and it is a great shooting weapon. Although both have these split safety triggers, which not only hurt my finger, but the swinging motion of the triggers pull is not to my liking for a even straight back pull............

if you like the plain XD M check out the XD mod 2 style a lot nicer of a grip. I work part time at a retail store selling guns so I am a wealth of knowledge for that stuff I see more people go towards Springfield then Glocks mainly because of there safety and the Glocks lack of a external safety besides the trigger. I've shot both and its really a toss up there both super nice. I thought about getting a XD-S myself but then I put a Glock 43 in my hand and then keep going back to that.

glock user here, i prefer the glock over the xd for a number of reasons and the big one is the feel of the trigger. i also have giant hands so the glock is more comfortable to hold :giggle:

I have an m&p 9 and I like it but I'm itching for a 1911

glock user here, i prefer the glock over the xd for a number of reasons and the big one is the feel of the trigger. i also have giant hands so the glock is more comfortable to hold :giggle:

How big of hands?

View: https://youtu.be/28XqklCUVls

I just saw this and thought I'd share..............
Speaking of the hand size, according to you tube know it all's, "While holding the gun with your finger on the trigger(fingernail end ot the finger joint/ or 1st pad)you should be able to see light between the gun frame and the trigger finger.
Back straps on guns come in different thicknesses, or not, but something to think about before buying.

Think I might go after work to 2 places and get prices on the Springfield XDM 4.5" (like I mentioned above).

Once I decide it takes 7 days (background process in MD) for me to actually get it.

I personally prefer Sigs, have 3 of them. One being a 1911, which I love. But since I got myself a M11a1, thats all I carry now.

I personally prefer Sigs, have 3 of them. One being a 1911, which I love. But since I got myself a M11a1, thats all I carry now.
You ever had rust with any of yours? I've read a number of complaints regarding rust on sig guns.

Back