Official Computer Talk Thread

Might do that, it only hook up one monitor with my docking station. Dock gets the DisplayPort cables and the graphics card it's dual link DVI.

I was just contemplating going back to a multi-monitor setup last night. Then i remembered how much the monitor I'm using cost and the price hasn't dropped, and then i discovered it doesn't have VESA mounts for a monitor stand which is the only way I'd be able to get 3 on my desk. Only way I'd do it is with 3 matching monitors and thats out my price range at the moment.

I was just contemplating going back to a multi-monitor setup last night. Then i remembered how much the monitor I'm using cost and the price hasn't dropped, and then i discovered it doesn't have VESA mounts for a monitor stand which is the only way I'd be able to get 3 on my desk. Only way I'd do it is with 3 matching monitors and thats out my price range at the moment.
I have that problem too. Well the last part about matching monitors :-(

Don't need 2 1440p 144hz IPS monitors but I want them to match :(

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

okay. I don't know where to ask this and how to ask this but here we go. I'm having trouble uploading files to vits upload site. It's just happening on my laptop and my laptop alone.

I've used multiple networks, browsers, and hotspots but I get the same message that I cannot connect to his websites server. I've tried everything from restarting my modem and router and nothing. It's so bizarre that it's only happening for that one website. Whenever I click the upload button it uploads to about 20% then restarts and does this 3 or so times before sending me to a page I explained earlier.

I can upload all sorts of files on multiple sites just not to vits website. I mean am I missing something simple here. I've cleared history. Reset the computer multiple times. Also reset the network. I've contacted vit and he said that the site is working fine for him and everyone else.

And let me just note that I have used this computer to upload files to his site before. This problem started happening a few days ago. I feel like I've tried everything. Any suggestions.

I'm pretty computer illiterate.

@ron v

are you running any sort of anti-virus or malware on your laptop? Sometimes those can interefere if it doesn't 100% trust the site.

Also has the computer installed any updates since you were able to upload files successfully? If so you could try doing a system restore to that point and see if that resolves the issue.

@bootyluvr may have some suggestions as well.

I saw Ron's post but it was a wall of text and I stopped right away :-/ sorry Ron.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

are you running any sort of anti-virus or malware on your laptop? Sometimes those can interfere if it doesn't 100% trust the site.

Also has the computer installed any updates since you were able to upload files successfully? If so you could try doing a system restore to that point and see if that resolves the issue.

Good ideas for resolving the issue.

Thanks. You could have answered him too ;)

I didnt have any suggestions beyond what was said. I've never seen that type of issue beyond USB wireless devices you plug into laptops/desktops that don't have internal wifi. Like a thumb drive, but it's just used to get wifi.

Cisco had some that were notorious for issues like he's describing. It'd start transmitting, and then it'd just stop. The file size you were working with would always dictate how quick it'd fail. It could not deal with anything large in file size. It was beyond weird.

Can someone suggest a good Wireless Card or Adapter? Had my Gaming PC hardwired and the modem got relocated so instead of trying to rewire and play Living Room Tetris, I want to see what options are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My comp just updated. I uninstalled and installed damn near everything last night then fell asleep with the comp on my lap. I'm try again when I'm off as I have to upload another data log.

In @bootyluvr defense I wouldn't of read it either.

Can someone suggest a good Wireless Card or Adapter? Had my Gaming PC hardwired and the modem got relocated so instead of trying to rewire and play Living Room Tetris, I want to see what options are available.

Haven't ran a wireless card in a while but I'd browse the options here and read the reviews. http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-Adapters/SubCategory/ID-31?Tid=158094

Also how far away did you move the modem. If your crafty and its in the same room you can snake an ethernet cable from the modem under the baseboard to your desk. Thats what I did for all 3 pc's in my living room.

Haven't ran a wireless card in a while but I'd browse the options here and read the reviews. http://www.newegg.com/Wireless-Adapters/SubCategory/ID-31?Tid=158094

Also how far away did you move the modem. If your crafty and its in the same room you can snake an ethernet cable from the modem under the baseboard to your desk. Thats what I did for all 3 pc's in my living room.

Thanks!
I'll probably just snake it around. I was just feeling lazy. Its only about 10 feet away from one wall to the other.

They didn't adjust pricing much in the late 90s when the athlons and whatnot were competitive for speed.

AMD has been undercutting Intel for years. both make great products but when I was building my PC the price difference between 2 similarly specked processors was over $300. Wound up going with the AMD because I was on a budget and it performs just as well as my friends who went with the i7 for twice the price.

Side note. I always pick apart the computers that get donated at work just to see whats in them. Yesterday i found a old mac based system with an ATI Rage 128 graphics card in an AGP slot. Now there's a throwback.

Back