WINTER WHEELS SETUP?

I am still going back and forth whether I should take these darn tires off. We are in the mid 60s now, but snow and colder temps are coming at the end of the month. I miss ND right now. It was easy. Snow tires on in October and off in May :)

I am debating as to whether I should remove my winter setup this weekend or not (I am due for an oil/filter change and tire rotation anyway, so I'm really not adding any work). We have had scant snow since late December, but Midwest winters can be weird (we've had snow in April before....)
Here's a pic of what I have used the past 3 winters (hopefully I'll get one more season out of the winter tires) - Sparco Assetto Gara in bronze (16x7" et+45) with Continental ExtremeWinterContact tires (205/55R16).
31707f23-3a46-43ae-bcbf-92ec426c8eb5.large.jpg

I am still going back and forth whether I should take these darn tires off. We are in the mid 60s now, but snow and colder temps are coming at the end of the month. I miss ND right now. It was easy. Snow tires on in October and off in May :)
The way I think of it is, my summer tires won't provide enough grip to handle safely if the temperature drops again so I just have to leave the snow tires on until I'm almost certain the weather has broken. A little extra tread off the snow tires is much preferred over getting into an accident on slippery summer tires. But it still makes me cringe every time I have to drive in 60°+ on my Blizzaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

. But it still makes me cringe every time I have to drive in 60°+ on my Blizzaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I know exactly what you mean. It was darn near 70 here yesterday, and its supposed to be warm the rest of the weekend. I rolled the dice and put my all-seasons back on today. Let's hope I don't regret it.

;) friend said they got like 6" this morning and it's still coming down. Lot of schools closed

Back