Car not starting

SpaceJam

Alberta, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I was in my car and it was on and idling for about a minute and then it shut off. I can't start it again and even tried boosting it thinking it was the battery but nothing. Everything else comes on but the engine. Any ideas?

You in warranty? So you had another car try to jump start you and it didn't start that way either? Headlights/radio etc working?

Yes I'm still under warranty. Had two cars try and jump start me but nothing happened. Got a multimeter on the battery and it was fine. Not great but it should start or at least turn over. Headlights and radio and everything came on. But when I went to start it, there was no sound at all from the engine. So I called roadside assistance and got it towed to the dealership so they'll be looking at it tomorrow.

Yes I'm still under warranty. Had two cars try and jump start me but nothing happened. Got a multimeter on the battery and it was fine. Not great but it should start or at least turn over. Headlights and radio and everything came on. But when I went to start it, there was no sound at all from the engine. So I called roadside assistance and got it towed to the dealership so they'll be looking at it tomorrow.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm hoping it's a quick fix. I took the car out today so I could go for a nice drive and relax because I have a final exam tomorrow and I was kinda stressing but it ended up just making things worse lol

from a mechanic -
It is possible that the battery has bad cells which will prevent the car from starting, even when using jumper cables. The battery, starter, and alternator work closely together and because of that, it would be necessary to have each inspected to ensure they are working properly.

There have been so many battery issues here, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I think I've only seen one person have issues with a starter. Absolutely countless threads on battery issues and endless battery replacements under warranty.

So Honda thinks it's an ignition fuse so I have to wait another day for them to order one and try it out.

Seriously have them check the battery if its the original Honda battery. Mine went from fine to so dead the car wouldn't start in the course of 30 minutes with no load on the system. Was still within the 3 year warranty period too.

They said they checked the battery and the whole system and I guess it looked okay. I hope the fuse fixes everything

Starter?

EDIT: NM, car was on then died and wouldn't restart.

Sounds like a fuse since it went from on and running to off and dead. Weird though.

did you do any other troubleshooting? when you turn the key what happens? nothing? slow crank? fast crank but no start?

sounds like you are familiar with a multimeter, you can check the fuses for continuity to see if something is blown.

Yeah we used a test light on all the fuses we could, under the hood and under the dash and the all looked okay but in the fuse box there was another black box with more fuses we couldn't get at at the time. It's a push button start and whenever I tried it wouldn't do anything. There wasn't even a click like it was trying. But at least the dealership was able to replace the fuse and start it again. I'm gonna get it home and check my sub wiring and my lights to see if there's any visible signs of them shorting out or anything.

Back