Official Computer Talk Thread

I haven't download Precision X yet. That's the default setting. Interesting how it works out of the box. Although I have to admit, I love living in the Seattle area because of Amazon. Ordered replacement fans for the case Sunday morning from Amazon and received them Sunday evening and already have them replaced. What's the point of driving to a place if you can get pretty close to instant gratification through online ordering.

The electronics store of choice (Fry's Electronics) is down in Renton and traffic to get there is always the worst, even on the weekends.

I haven't download Precision X yet. That's the default setting. Interesting how it works out of the box.

Yeah.. I read about the fans not coming on (GTX 970) before it was released/I bought one and downloaded Precision X as soon as I installed the card. Custom fan profile FTW :thumbsup:

I don't go over 60C while gaming.

While I was playing last night, it was right at 60C with Witcher 3 on all Ultra settings at 3840x2160 resolution. Man, these games are gorgeous in 4k.

While I was playing last night, it was right at 60C with Witcher 3 on all Ultra settings at 3840x2160 resolution. Man, these games are gorgeous in 4k.

What monitor do you have again? Too lazy to search :)

...and it ends up that it's a bad DisplayPort on the monitor...

I didn't check was the other way around.

I was running DisplayPort (computer) to DisplayPort (monitor) and getting no signal.
So I went DisplayPort (computer) to DVI-D (monitor) and things worked. Those were new cables.
What I should've tried was DVI-D (computer) to DisplayPort (monitor) and found out if that didn't work.

I got the new cables last night and I put one in and it was the same thing. Hmmm. So, let's flip the DVI-D cable. Nothing.

Well, that tells me it's getting to be new monitor time then....

675330962557915136-Twitter.png

I might go with a 3440x1440 21:9 monitor, maybe find a 3840x1600, or stick to the 3840x2160 4k. Who knows? I don't even know that route yet.

Last edited:
I'm spoiled with screen space at work. Gotta have that much at home, right?

Back