Darkout

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Cocoa, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
20160209_220726.jpg Well let's try this a third time....

Story begin's at the beginning of this year when tax return time rolled around. Getting money back allowed me to buy a brand new shipped from Cali "Chinese" 125cc dirt bike/pit bike. 4 stroke with 17/14 in rims vs the 14/12 to get this tall guy some ground clearance.

Pic's from the night I got it put together

20160209_234939.jpg

Last edited:
Stock it topped out at 45 with a 4 up trans that pushed my little 150 lbs butt pretty good. It did want to back fire a little and have some trouble idling but until I had a mechanical issue I left it alone as it "worked".

After a small break in period I started to "try" and tune the carb with spark plug checks. After about the 6-7th check I had over tightened the plug and ended up stripping the threads slightly in the head. I removed the head to make sure I didn't drop shavings in the bore and repaired the threads. Since the head was off I decided to port the int/ex ports slightly enough to help air flow. Put it back together with the same gaskets and it gained power that was noticeable.

20160228_162409.jpg 20160302_165734.jpg 20160302_165744.jpg

Was similar to this

20160123_202446.jpg

Road it around this way for a little.

Nice man. I have a wr250f I'm trying to get around to working on. Seems like I have a million projects going right now but since desert season started this weekend I thinks it's time to get her started.

Can't wait to see where this thread goes.

So to resurrect this thread as I'm unfortunately to lazy to video/take pics of the build as it is an every week project of laughs, I'll skip ahead about 8 months of fabrication and rebuilds to catch up to where I am now. First place I guess to start would be the mod's/ improvements I've made to the Chinese piece...

124.9cc Stock to....
- Ported/Smoothed(not polished) INT/EX ports w/ ground down valve guides
- Homemade top engine mount's (factory cracked)
- Made rear brake caliper bracket (rear brakes never sat properly / stock brakes stuck)
- Shaved jug/head for higher compression
- Bent/ Redesigned rear brake lever (cut and welded)
- Fitted new tank (stock leaked/can't find)
- Chinese aftermarket carb "26mm" aka 22mm
- Carburetor bored/polished/jetted
- Front sprocket 15-17T

With this he bike hit 55 mph quicker than it did stock to 45 mph. But it's my toy so I can't just leave it alone there...

So recently I've cut and welded the rear strut and cut the spring to drop the tail which made it fun as hell to throw sideways in the dirt. Guessing the lower center of gravity and sitting over the rear tire more (cause/effect of the drop) gave more confidence when rubbing peg.

Since then I have been having issues with head gaskets as I've reused the original 4 times before it blew and thus made paper/metal gaskets myself that work between 15 min to 2 hr. Being as I work on it more than ride it now I pulled the trigger on stretching it some and looking into putting a 150/160cc on it and slapping a turbo on it. All doable just need time and money lol anyways pics of where the bike sits as of today with some "in process" shots.

20170107_224944.jpg

That's the completed rear swing arm extended 3 in. Nothing major but I like the look. i have the square tubes sleeved about 3/4 in into the swing before welding so the strength should be there. Just waited a week to paint it so I hope that doesn't bite me. Still, have a list to do before I can ride it with the 125 still that I ground the cam down to try my luck at cam profiles....didn't loose power if that say anything...lol

More to come I'll just try not to be lazy

Build pics...

20170107_192032.jpg

20170107_195209.jpg

20170107_201444.jpg

20170107_224239.jpg

Not pretty but I know they are effective.

Wheelies are down the road lol but I have tried to get the practice in. Working later into the day now so I don't work but weekends on it. I'll try to make some progress this weekend, rear brakes have been giving issues bleeding and priming after putting on an extended line. New chain and tensioner's need to be fabed.

I actually do have a video somewhere of a short ride from the handle bars if I can find it.

After head banging retardism to get the brakes done within a few months, chain and possible turbo order is in question....:thumb:

I'm guessing they make bolt on kits for them? Gains?

Bolt on kit's...no as far as I can find. That's the fun in it :excited:

Back