suspension help

FreeSamples

Hey guys, I'm installing my buddy club racing spec coilover and ran into a problem. Looks like the front endlink is not going to connect with the damper assembly. Looks like the only way to make it fit is to extend the bottom piece by spinning it but it would interfere with the ride height adjustment and according to the measurement buddy club sent me for the front ride height adjustment it seems like its going to be short no matter what. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 5.42.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 5.42.55 PM.png
    852.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Yeah but now I'm having trouble with the rear. Is it necessary to unbolt the rear endlinks to remove the rear springs?

Shouldn't be. You got a spring compressor? I know you can pry the stock springs out by raising the car, letting the rear arms hang, and monstering them out with like a 6ft pry bar. I do not recommend that method.....

I do not. I'm following a diy on YouTube and it looks like the spring removal requires the end link to be off. I seen another video where they just took off all the guards in the back and unbolted the lca. I guess I'll have to do one of those methods.

Thanks webby, I think I'll go this route and just unbolt the lower arm. Looks way easier.

For the rear you unbolt the upper arms, shocks and end links, this this per Honda's r/r procedure and also the easiest route. Don't forget to undo the abs sensors and ebrake brackets for safety.

For the rear you unbolt the upper arms, shocks and end links, this this per Honda's r/r procedure and also the easiest route. Don't forget to undo the abs sensors and ebrake brackets for safety.

Thanks for the advice. This is exactly what I did and it came out EASY! Hope this can help some out there. All the diys I've seen only did the endlink and shock or shock and lower arm which is even more of a PITA.

Back