Pulls right

Sykobabble

Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si Fast Edition
Body Style
Two Door
Hey all. Just got a 2013 Si with 35k. Car pulls to the right up light acceleration. Ive seen a few threads around. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Feel free to chime in with possible resolutions. Thanks all. Look forward to hanging around here!

Sounds like you need to get an alignment

Reactions: Tak
If it happens in light acceleration I would agree with @webby. Honda checked mine for free. Not sure if all will do that.

Reactions: Tak
I just did a whole package, 4 wheels balancing, rotations, and alignment. Before that, I felt the car was off and pulling to one side. After this maintenance, I felt way much better. I did the test on free way right away and could tell the difference.

I think for the OP, it's time to do the wheel maintenance.

Dunno. I mean this thing is Honda certified and apparently they did an alignment. I can take it in I suppose. Thanks all.

An alignment isn't part of the certified inspection.

I should have everyone understand that the car only pulls on Accel. There is no pull when just cruising, which normally would be an alignment issue or even suspension components. I'm thinking there is something more going on when applying power. Thanks again all I will update soon.

Torque steer is usually under hard accel. Tire pressures being that far off would cause a pull, but even while coasting or cruising. you would constantly feel it. I feel it only on light accel. i will be checking tire pressures once i find my good gauge.

Hey everyone. I have 2013 Civic SI. I recently made a post about my civic pulling to the right ONLY under light Acceleration. No other circumstances like braking or coasting. Today im wondering if anyone else gets this on their Si or if it's even normal. Thanks all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Update. I equaled out the tire pressures on the vehicle. Right side was in fact 2 psi lower. BUT honestly I still notice the pull. Maybe fixed it some but really it's still there. I see what happens whenever I get around to taking it in.

Don't know a whole lot but maybe the LSD is delivering more power to the right wheel, which could be a defect. I have heard of this happening on RWD cars but not FWD so I could be completely wrong.

Edit: Disregard this bit of misinformation. I was thinking of a normal diff. LSD's should correct that.

Last edited:
Yes that is true. I doubt the LSD is having an issue. Would probably be more apparent. IM thinking it's a steering rack.

Did you get an alignment yet? Cars in the US tend to pull right slightly so if you die behind the wheel your car will go off the right side of the road instead of into oncoming traffic. The road crown in the US also deflects water to the right side of the road. Pretty normal to be honest. If you let go of the wheel and it pulls right hard, then you need an alignment most likely. 1-2psi shouldn't make that much of a difference.

This does not happen when I am coasting, off throttle or braking. I know my way around a vehicle and am aware of the road crown. Even on our flat roads there is a slight pull under Accel. I have to take it in for an alignment to rule out that issue. Just taking a bit to get every issue cancelled out before I hit the dealer.

Reactions: Nix
I should have everyone understand that the car only pulls on Accel. There is no pull when just cruising, which normally would be an alignment issue or even suspension components. I'm thinking there is something more going on when applying power. Thanks again all I will update soon.

Tire's 100%. I battle this often with Khumo ecsta ps90's. Car drove straight when cruising but if you step on the gas even a little it yanked you right in to the ditch. Swapped front tires left to right and the pull changed directions. Had to rotate the tires many different ways until I finally found the combo it liked and never pulled again. But you ask why is this? Basically tires are not all made round and true and many different imperfections can cause road force and balance issues you can't cure as well as pulling concerns even after an alignment is preformed because the alignment is not the cause. I recommend swapping your front tires left to right and see what happens.

I could be wrong but I've had this battle many many times.

Copy that brother appreciate the feedback. I'll see what I can do

Ya know what though? I mean im pretty well versed in vehicles and such but I just don't get how small increases in Acceleration cause a pull like that but not during coasting or braking. I guess physics is a crazy thing but if anyone has any insight on this, it would be appreciated.

Back