Injector Pulse Spike?

Schwarz Zwei Tür

Since I got my Kraftwerks kit put on, Ive noticed kind of a bad bog/hesitation around 2800 rpm. I informed Vit who is doing the etuning, and was told that it was a mechanical issue, i.e injectors, clips, plugs, coils. I quickly ordered and had instaled new injectors, upgraded to ID 1050x units, after hearing what Vit thinks about Grams injectors, NGK 1422 plugs ( i believe thats the number, one range colder ), and took the car back to the shop that has done all the work. They installed the injectors and plugs, and tested all fueling and ignition components. Thought I was good. Well, Ive continued tuning, and everytime at about 2800 rpm, in any gear, it stumbles terribly. I pulled up my datalogs and took a look, and every datalog has the same injector spike as shown in the photos below.It only ever happens in that exact same spot in the datalogs, nowhere else. I brought this up again in my note to Vit with last nights datalog. Waiting to hear back, but was wondering if anyone has any input in the meantime about what might be causing this other than a tuning issue. Please forgive my ignorance, and much thanks!!!

graph%201.png

Graph%203.png
Graph%202.png

Last edited:
I know we've had a few people who had issues with their grams injectors. Beyond that, I've not seen anyone post this specific issue. Hopefully someone chimes in or vit has advice. Post updates please.

Think I found the answer.......

........on a serious note though, Vit had the following response

" May need more work to the tune. The 2800 miss is common behavior of injector induced misfires/hesitation. INjector swaps don't always cure it. Very common on these motors int he 2500-3500 rpm area".

So hopefully it resolves in the tuning process. If not, I guess its just the price yo pay for racecar'ing

Back