Brembo Brakes, Anyone Using Them?

It really depends on tire diameter more than anything. Our tires have puny diameter so not much rotational inertia is present compared to that of a ferrari or corvette (19"-20" wheels).

You'd be surprised what a good set of pads and rotors can do. The big brakes more or less just prevent brake fade.
even with just one piston?

after doing some reading about brakes..what you said makes a lot of sense.
for stopping hard once or twice, the limiting factor is your tires
(except if you're reaching speeds of about 150, where the single pistons would not be strong enough to lock up the tires.)
for track use, more pistons dissipate the heat a lot better, so there is much less brake fade.

if that's the case, i'll just be getting pads and rotors.

Multiple piston calipers do two things: dissipate heat and look cool. Stopping power is, as others have already mentioned, tire compound, as well as rotor diameter (the longer the lever, the more effective).

I talked to the Baer rep at the drift in Atlanta earlier this year,they are going to develop a caliper system and rotors that will increase stopping power and fit 17 inch rims.he didn't give me a time table but said around 350-400 per caliper and will be a direct fit. That is the route I'm going,especially since black will be a color offered.its just a waiting game as of now.

Also multi pistons allow the larger pads to make contact with the rotor more evenly. MarkA has a track thread on here and you can see how badly he warped his stock pads with just the one piston.

But yes, BBK just sheds heat which is important during track sessions. Brakes simply convert dynamic energy into heat through friction which is what makes you stop. Increasing the amount of friction generated by the pad to rotor interface will increase the brake force. Ultimately the limit of braking is your tires since the ability to lock them up means your puny single piston brake has more force than the tire can handle.

yeah when i had my teg turboed i did drill slots with EBC red stuff pads and it was horrible !!! 1 front rotor even broke in my hand while changing pads BTW ebc pads were out really fast too ....so changed to slotted with really good oem pads and it was so much better and stopping power was great and pads didnt wear out as fast .

I had slotted rotors on my EJ1 and it sounded like a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle wheel.

Back