Darkout

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Cocoa, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
This is a thought to help the community to get a factory repair manual accessible to the general public. We all know (for the most part) that we can pay to obtain info from the Honda dealer RM's. I personally need to find info "per Honda" to verify torque specs and possible steps in the procedure to finish my task. Whilst this may not pertain to you...my idea is...to ask for 1$ donations to a gofund me that helps the community get the FULL EWD and RM for our 9th gen's. More moeny = more time to DL and print/copy for everyone to use.

That is my plan/thought....Regardless I need info that I will share regardless but IF I can obtain more info for others in the process I would gladly do it. This has been a thought since I bought the car 2 years ago and now at the time to preform repairs regardless. I will return any unused donations as this is NOT a profit scam IF this actually takes off!

I will share everything I can within the time frame if I'm asked of specific areas before my time runs out. AKA my personal pay'd due's to obtain w/e I can. The more help the longer and more info I can share.

Bare min, my job is a clutch job/trans so info will be obtained for thus specific job.

Also I will look into R18 specs if asked with time frame. So don't be shy!!

Isn't there a Haines manual out for our cars yet? That should have all the torque specs in it you would need for anything. And I'm sure there's others on the forum more knowledgeable than me that have looked them up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There may be a Haines out there but I'm a big believer of factory manuals being a mechanic myself. This was just a thought since back in 2015 that I wanted to share.

Gotcha. Just curious. It's definitely a good idea. Sounds like you thought it out. If the people will pay, like you said.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is a Haynes manual for the 2012-2015 Civics. I was actually just published on the 17th of March. They are selling them for $5 off on their website and should be on store shelves before too long.

Back