Temperature Issues

cmiller8494

Vehicle Info:

2013 Si Coupe HFP w/o Factory Nav
Engine: 2.4L (K24Z7)

Hello all,

I have been noticing that my Si will sometimes have some issues. The car drives just fine. However, my A/C will not blow cold air, the radio (aftermarket) will start it's power up sequence then shut off, and the iMid display will show the background, but not the info it should (ex: power meter, mpg, odo). I have noticed that this happens when the ambient outside temperature is higher, and especially if the car has been sitting in the sun. However, if the temperature is cooler, or the car has been in the shade, everything works perfectly. I live in the midwest, so temperatures fluctuate regularly.

From my admittedly lacking technical knowledge, I have to wonder if there's a bad temperature sensor in relation to the ECU. This seems to be the only thing that would logically explain an effect on both the A/C and the electrical system.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

-Driven at highway speeds to see if air cooling might help. No luck.
-Tested battery with multimeter. It's fine.
-Checked fuses. They're all good.
-Recharged A/C. No change.

Has anyone run into a similar issue? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

I would doubt if the a.c. and screen issues are related. You said you recharged the a.c., was it low if so did you have a leak?

My car sits in the sun in 90+ temps here in Maryland. I've never had any issues with my imid. Is the aftermarket radio wiring tapped into your factory harness at all? Maybe there is a short somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When I recharged the A/C, I found that I didn't have to charge it very much at all, so I don't think there's a leak. There was some rain earlier today, cooling the outside temperature, and everything worked fine.

I've found from Honda parts diagrams that there's a temperature sensor in the front bumper (number 2 in the below link). Does anyone know if this might be a culprit?

http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts...ail.asp?m=2013-civic-2-si-6mt&sn=&b=B++61&dl=

Back