Ford Focus ST?

@Nix Im looking for something turbo that can make decent power with just bolt ons and tune, I want a hatch and it has to be new or atmost 10k miles. Trying to stay around 25-28k.

Other than being a hatch, EcoBoost Mustang? I've read that they handle better than the GT due to the weight difference and throw a couple mods on it to make pretty decent power. Like 400hp decent. Tune with bolt ons and a better intercooler and you're there.

I think they are the new 240sx. Tons of potential but people are going to ignore them for a long time.

I will say if you are planning to use for a DD go with the GTI. Much more comfortable and can also be fun to drive. I steered away from the ST due to the uncomfortable suspension and seats for a DD. You can also run a Accessport now on the GTI and if you buy from MAperformance you get OTS tunes.

Although, not mentioned, the GTI has another benefit - the parts that eventually fall off of it are of the highest quality German manufacture.

Last edited:
German design, Mexican manufacture. LOL.

Other than being a hatch, EcoBoost Mustang? I've read that they handle better than the GT due to the weight difference and throw a couple mods on it to make pretty decent power. Like 400hp decent. Tune with bolt ons and a better intercooler and you're there.

I think they are the new 240sx. Tons of potential but people are going to ignore them for a long time.

I appreciate the info @Nix but I actually need a car with 4 doors due to the family.

Is the WRX off your list since it's not a hatch? Price wise it starts right in the middle of your range but the "base" only comes in manual. Don't know if you need an AT for a "family" car or if a manual is ok.

Other than that I think the GTI is probably your best bet unless you like the new turbo Si.

Kia Optima SX? Turbo 4-door sedan. 245hp/260tq. List is $29k but I bet that can come down a bit. Probably not as sporty as the other options but a bit of a sleeper and I think the Kia aftermarket is coming up pretty well. I know @Mikex18 had a Kia he modded pretty hard. Looked good too.

I bet good tires, tighten up the suspension with some coil overs, and a sway bar swap, that car would handle pretty well. Tune/bolt ons I bet you could push 300hp pretty easily.

EDIT: Mikes Kia

4dd3258e290219fd9dc1406a8631df2b.jpg

Last edited:
Lol yeah I haven't heard any good things about a wrx, I've heard they blow up even stock! Im pretty sure Im going with the ST, Im going to test drive the gti tmrw and depending on that I should be able to make my decision tmrw. @Nix I really appreciate all the info and help, but I honestly don't like Kia at all, something about a korean car doesn't convince me lol

Reactions: Nix
Went in for a GTI and came out with this for the wife/family lol. I'll probably take her cx5 to trade for the GTI or I might wait for the Type R.

B01B4989-9211-4F62-AD71-D76AE0C322EE_zpsrd40zqfs.jpeg

Back