Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

Question. Aside from more boost and go fast bits, modding the suspension on this thing isn't really going to happen.. right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question. Aside from more boost and go fast bits, modding the suspension on this thing isn't really going to happen.. right?

I'm sure it can be done. I imagine the pro race teams aren't going to use the stock suspension so that's gotta have some sort of trickle down effect into the aftermarket.

I'm sure it can be done. I imagine the pro race teams aren't going to use the stock suspension so that's gotta have some sort of trickle down effect into the aftermarket.

No, I get that, but you're going to lose the adjustable dampening with an aftermarket set of coilovers. Just like my buddy's Golf R. Swapping in new suspension disabled DCC.

Taking bets on what the markup will be?

BASE PRICE: $33,900
Dealer price: $49,900

and I'm sure people will pay it..

I should know my price this afternoon, I was told yesterday "it's not looking good"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should know my price this afternoon, I was told yesterday "it's not looking good"

That's ridiculous! I hope this is not a one year production and hopefully that will help the markup go down.

The first one arriving at my friends dealer is being sold for $40k. Customer threw down $20k.

I guess people will pay just so they can have one. Although I have seen on other forums where dealers/customers have agreed on paying MSRP(plus destination chg) with no markup and in other cases anywhere from 3%-10% dealer markup on top of MSRP(and destination chg).

From what I have seen online, Honda is making 15,000(I can't quite remember) worldwide and 6,000(I'm 98% on this number) coming to the US for both the 2017 and 2018 model years. No word yet on 2019 production.

No, I get that, but you're going to lose the adjustable dampening with an aftermarket set of coilovers. Just like my buddy's Golf R. Swapping in new suspension disabled DCC.

If you wanted to keep the active dampening you could probably just change springs but that would probably negatively impact the ride quality or longevity of the shock.

Sorry to hear it didn't work woek out man

I flipped out on them. Sucks. Never going to them again after his. Bought 3 cars from them and get service etc. they would have made way more off me in the long run. Oh well.

Back