Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

Doug DeMuro regularly posted for Jalopnik. Don't think he counts as one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If he didnt talk like he was in cocaine half the time it wouldnt be as half as bad. I don't care who he posted for, they havnt been around long enough

Last edited:
If he didnt talk like he was in cocaine half the time it wouldnt be as half as bad. I don't care who he posted for, they havnt been around long enough to have a voice imo

That came out as me be a dickhead, don't get me wrong Jalopnik is cool and all but I would expect being a person that was invited by Honda to be more humble and respectful to their cars.

I love how you go on ebay and type in Civic Type R and you get a list of them with dealers selling them from 40-45k. Its funny how they took a 33k car and magically made it worth 40k+ the saddest part is I've seen ppl pay that much, heck a guy here in FL just paid 45k for his OTD. :rotfl: Good luck getting close to that when you go for a trade in, in a few years.

Only problem is they aren't selling it
They may not sell it. They want the foot traffic to bring people into their showroom to look at it. I've read reports already of dealerships offering to lower their markup if they can showcase the car at their dealership for X amount of time. So, say they were going to do 10k markup initially....they were offering the person 8k markup if they could showcase it at their dealership for a while before letting you pick it up. Numerous dealers have said they won't sell the car to someone X amount of miles outside the dealership. So, if you said you were coming from 2hrs away to buy it, they could deny you buying it. The reasoning I've heard...."so the car would be local and continue to be seen at the dealership for service". Not joking.

Oopsie!!! Found this on a website forum. Not even a w week since delivery is what I am guessing......

TypeR Wreck2.jpg

Oopsie!!! Found this on a website forum. Not even a w week since delivery is what I am guessing......

Maryland..... :rolleyes:

Wonder if it was the driver's fault? I hate not having the full story.
Wonder if they paid over MSRP :giggle:

So I'm my area there are a handful in a 150 mile radius. The cheapest one I saw listed was 38k the rest were in the 40-44k range. But none in Delaware itself, hell there's only 4 si's for sale in all of Delaware.

Supposedly a dealer in Florida has been denied their second round of allocations of the Type R due to their high ADM on the first car they got.

Interested to see if Honda does this to other dealerships....

Supposedly a dealer in Florida has been denied their second round of allocations of the Type R due to their high ADM on the first car they got.

Interested to see if Honda does this to other dealerships....

Joey's dealer doesn't do that right?

Back