Show of your REEAALLY Bright HID's

dylan223

idaho
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan
Hi guys, dont know if a thread like this has been started before but here it is and heres mine. I have 75w high beams and 55w low beams. And yes they are true 75w and 55w ballasts, i checked them.

Heres a hi /low comparison

20160701_230718REZ.jpg 20160701_230712REZ.jpg

And heres just a high beam shot. Bought them on amazon for like 35$ have had them for over a year and no issues at all!

20160606_213830REZ.jpg

are those in a retrofit/projector, or you're running that setup in the oem housing? Please say retrofit

yeah i now have them in retrofits. but pic was when i just put them into the oem housing cuz the retrofits where still in the mail for another week.

Dont know what projectors they are, got them off a civic in wrecking yard. HIDs are Performaxxed purchased on amazon. Hold up I'll upload some pics

29695db30ae20b33730f9ff41c59fe62.jpg

Since I don't have a picture of what they looked like from the inside, here's one of them from the outside. I used to run 6K on both the headlights and fog lights a few months ago. They were incredibly bright, and after getting flashed at and pulled over (cops in Florida, especially Tampa are assholes. Wasn't ticketed though, just got a warning) I switched back to halogen fog lights and kept the 6K headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the headlights. Hid bulbs in a halogen reflector cause light to scatter vertically and "blind" oncoming traffic. To resolve that, you actually need to retrofit a hid projector into your headlight housing. That way you get a horizontal cutoff line and light isn't going vertical.

Back