Dar-Dar's 1995 Avus Blue E36 M3 Project Car

The exhaust is still in my car. :giggle:

I won't install it until I come back from Vacation.
IMG_20170702_191435326.jpg IMG_20170702_191421909.jpg

I also updated the first post.

You and that m have come a long way dar-dar. You should be proud of the job you've done, it's amazing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Man that's impressive to say the least. Seeing all that exposed metal/rust that just kept going had to be a bit scary. The outcome looks great. When will you be putting your application in to wheeler dealers?

Thanks. Id have to be more efficient and learn to buy and flip a car in a week period. Lol.

excellent job on the chemotherapy...

hope you like the stromung!
What headers /mid do you have?
Thanks! It still has the stock S50 manifolds and a Magnaflow Midpipe with cats that I bought brand new. I'm not a fan of the Magnaflow. It has an exhaust leak somewhere and it makes a terrible rattle noise. I dont know why I even bought it when the car will no longer be inspected for emissions.
OMG what colour is that on your E36 @Dar-Dar I LOVE IT!!

Thanks! It's Avus Blue Metallic. I don't see Avus Blue M3s around NJ except for the last cars and coffee meet I went to in South Jersey. I spoke to the owner and he owned it for 18 years. It only has 99k miles and it was extremely stock. It's immaculate.

might be worth swapping to an OEM midpipe, cut the cats and replace with resonators.. or the AA track pipe /BW track pipe

The stock midpipe it came with was extremely rusty so I had to replace it. I was looking at the AA midpipe. But I might just get the BW track pipe when it's in stock and sell the Magnaflow.

I like the design of the AA y-pipe and the BW resonator. Do you know if they can be mated, @jrotax101 ?

Technically yes although I haven't seen anyone do it. I've installed both pieces in multiple other combinations. The BW sec1 produces the most power, but the fitment of sec1 has been a little iffy sometimes. I had the AA sec1 on my own car in 2009.
Personal preference is to stick with a brand throughout that way troubleshooting is easier. I replaced my exhaust setup with a full supersprint euro (head to tip) earlier this year and had horrendous fitment issues, so it's not even a case of $$ = better.

I missed my KromerKraft headers and stumbled across a new set (they are NLA, but liquid gold) that I'm already ditching the supersprint stuff after 200 miles. lol

Back to the question. I think stick with AA or BW. I prefer BW because of their customer service even though I've had a few problems with the section 1.

BW it is then. I just noticed that the BW y-pipe and the AA resonator have the O2 bung connections. So I won't be able to run an AA y-pipe/BW resonator setup unless I get a bung welded.

I'm surprised how bad the fitment is on the SuperSprint exhausts.

Not sure I understand your comment about the bung. If you aren't going to put an o2 sensor in the hole then keep the plug in it..

What I was saying was, if I ran an AA y-pipe and a BW resonator, I'd have to put a bung hole for the O2 sensor since the BW y-pipe and AA resonator have the O2 connections.

Just finished the wheel alignment today. All four wheels are now set at -1.4 degrees. The fronts initially measured -1.2L/-1.8R and rears at -2.3L/-3.5R.

I used a digital angle level for camber and braided fishing line for toe measurement. Idc much about caster.

Back