2012+ R18 FlashPro

Doesn't a backfire occur from running lean? I could be wrong. But man you sound a lot like I did before I fell in love with the st lol

Backfiring i thought happens when you run too rich or if you're misfiring or something because it's just unused/unburned gas igniting in your hot exhaust...and dude so jealous you have an ST, I literally love that car my friend put a larger intake on his and man the sound of that turbo is just one of the sexiest things i've heard @nat3d

Backfiring i thought happens when you run too rich or if you're misfiring or something because it's just unused/unburned gas igniting in your hot exhaust...and dude so jealous you have an ST, I literally love that car my friend put a larger intake on his and man the sound of that turbo is just one of the sexiest things i've heard @nat3d
Thanks man I love the thing. Take a look at my build should be in my signature but I can't see if it is or not as I'm on Tapatalk. I need to add my short shifter to the build but is what it is. And dude its so much fun lol. If you're ever in western mass hit me up I'm always down for a meet and it doesn't matter to me what you drive.

Backfire actually can occur from both (quick Wikipedia check as I wasn't 100% sure either)

So, I got my flashpro for my 14' R18 MT. Can I just plug it into the OBD 2 port and hit program? That will run the basemap?

Hey I haven't really been on here in a few years... does anybody know if a FlashPro for the R18s ever came out? I'm kind of confused from catching up on threads with different info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'll leave it here. I for a long time dealt with this problem and now I'm in the final. The fact is that I live in Russia and I have civic Fb8 (R18z1). I plug Hondata Flashpro, for this I pre-installed the ECU US which is compatible with FP. And here I was faced with a problem, ivtec started to work incorrectly. Appeal in support of Hondata gave the answer that civic fb us R18z1 use ivtec as B-series engines (traditional vtec) I could not believe for a long time that in America and in Russia the same engine R18z1 uses ivtec work in different ways)) Finally that Honda motor company directed me to the right path, gave a link to techinfo, which describes the work of i-vtec on R18z1. And dammit, they really work in different ways. And you also have two options for assembly. These are two markets in Mexico & USA / Kanada.
IMG_20180208_193538.jpg
IMG_20180208_193513.jpg
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...rd=&dbkey=61TR0D_C000194_enu&country=1&lang=0
Resigned to this fact, I began to find out what exactly the differences are. I compared all engine partnumbers from my car and from Civic us and realized camshaft is the main reason for the differences. Then I found owners manual for the R18z1 US and saw that the camshaft lift tolerances were really different. Yes it really is, R18z1 can use the work of i-vtec in different ways. Why this is done I do not understand, but it's a fact.
IMG_20180208_192645.jpg
http://www.hocivic.com/camshaft_inspection_r18z1_-1123.html
You can do as I have now. You can connect FP even if your ECU is not on the Hondata list. To do this, you need to buy ECU compatible, it costs $ 20-30 eBay, then in FP calibrations assign the inclusion of vtec to 8-9K rpm, that is, to the zone to which the engine is not working. Thus, to exclude the inclusion of an economy regime at all. In the end, we have all the delights of setting Hondata Flashpro. But if you need the full work of i-vtec, then you will have to exchange camshaft. Thank's

Hi everyone! I'll leave it here. I for a long time dealt with this problem and now I'm in the final. The fact is that I live in Russia and I have civic Fb8 (R18z1). I plug Hondata Flashpro, for this I pre-installed the ECU US which is compatible with FP. And here I was faced with a problem, ivtec started to work incorrectly. Appeal in support of Hondata gave the answer that civic fb us R18z1 use ivtec as B-series engines (traditional vtec) I could not believe for a long time that in America and in Russia the same engine R18z1 uses ivtec work in different ways)) Finally that Honda motor company directed me to the right path, gave a link to techinfo, which describes the work of i-vtec on R18z1. And dammit, they really work in different ways. And you also have two options for assembly. These are two markets in Mexico & USA / Kanada.
View attachment 57398
View attachment 57399
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...rd=&dbkey=61TR0D_C000194_enu&country=1&lang=0
Resigned to this fact, I began to find out what exactly the differences are. I compared all engine partnumbers from my car and from Civic us and realized camshaft is the main reason for the differences. Then I found owners manual for the R18z1 US and saw that the camshaft lift tolerances were really different. Yes it really is, R18z1 can use the work of i-vtec in different ways. Why this is done I do not understand, but it's a fact.
View attachment 57400
http://www.hocivic.com/camshaft_inspection_r18z1_-1123.html
You can do as I have now. You can connect FP even if your ECU is not on the Hondata list. To do this, you need to buy ECU compatible, it costs $ 20-30 eBay, then in FP calibrations assign the inclusion of vtec to 8-9K rpm, that is, to the zone to which the engine is not working. Thus, to exclude the inclusion of an economy regime at all. In the end, we have all the delights of setting Hondata Flashpro. But if you need the full work of i-vtec, then you will have to exchange camshaft. Thank's
Thanks for the info. Do you have specific gasoline ratings to choose from where you live?

In the US there are various versions from east to west coast. On the east coast you can commonly get 87, 89, and 93 octane. Some areas sell 85 which is corn based (vehicles have to be tuned to run it). A majority of western states have 85, 87, 91 octane ratings.

Just makes me wonder if gasoline differences play a part in the changes to the engine for you?

Thanks for the info. Do you have specific gasoline ratings to choose from where you live?

In the US there are various versions from east to west coast. On the east coast you can commonly get 87, 89, and 93 octane. Some areas sell 85 which is corn based (vehicles have to be tuned to run it). A majority of western states have 85, 87, 91 octane ratings.

Just makes me wonder if gasoline differences play a part in the changes to the engine for you?
In Russia we have a total of 92 95 98 octane. Not so long ago, one of the fuel companies began to trade 100 octane). But I do not think that the reason is fuel, because the 8th gen (R18A) was produced without distinction in all markets. Rather, it's your environmental standards (CARB) But then it's still strange that both versions of R18z1 can be found in the US

Back