9th gen Mugen Wing w/carbon fiber center piece or 8th gen Wing w/fiber glass

Tak

New York City
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan (FB2)
Hi,

I love my Mugen wing so much. It makes the look so aggressive. However, the CON is the flex at high speed, due to the ABS material being used in the center piece.

Therefore, I got some extra $$$ for

A) a 9th Mugen wing with carbon fiber in center piece as a replacement, which costs around $400.

Or

B) 8th gen Wing with fiber glass.

Currently, there are 4 bolts drilled for my wing; two on each side. But I heard the 8th gen wing uses 3 bolts each side. I am not sure about it.
I also think dropping $400 for a carbon fiber wing sounds CRAZYYYYY IF the FLEX is still there somewhat.

I need you guys opinion. And please do not suggest any low profile wing. I don't like low profile wing or deck spoiler

Thanks

haven't seen anyone do what you're suggesting. The only "real" carbon spoiler I've seen was what @Sleepingpanda had created
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/jdp-engineering-carbon-spoiler-for-2012-civic-sedan-only.13735/

Thanks @webby
However, I am not interested in that one. I really like high profile wing.

The one below is the 8th gen spoiler that I heard it may fit without additional drilling.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TR-Style-Trunk-Spoiler-Wing-Fiberglass-Fits-06-11-Honda-Civic-4dr-/271271790260?fits=Year:2011|Model:Civic&hash=item3f290f06b4:g:i1MAAOxykYtSKI60&vxp=mtr

The 9th gen Mugen spoiler with carbon fiber center piece
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-15-Honda...n-Top-Piece-4Pc-CF-Carbon-Fiber-/301711973005

I currently have the 9th Mugen spoiler with ABS material. So the flexing is there.
If I replace it, it is no brainer to choose the carbon fiber. I have never heard of any flexing issue on any spoiler with carbon fiber on any cars. But if I'd spend more than $300 and find out that's not the case, I would be so pissed.

Additionally, I heard of reports saying the Type R style spoiler from 8th gen is stable; no flexing and fitment is good.

I want to see if anybody from this forum can chip in and share whatever info they know of. I don't mind this diy, buying and testing, and share the info here.

Thanks,

Tak

Last edited:
I just linked it to say that was the only real carbon spoiler I've seen someone install. I've seen some wrap their "Mugen style" spoiler with carbon fiber vinyl pattern in the middle. None that actually had carbon

Tak,

I am thinking of buying the 8th gen TR fiberglass spoiler for my 2015 si sedan. I want the spoiler with the middle piece flat not curved like the other replica spoilers. From what I heard it directly fits the 9th gen. I was also looking at one from ABS dynamics but dont want the rattle.

I've been wondering about this myself, but I would like to have the actual Mugen Spoiler not a knockoff. The cost really isn't an issue, I'll pay for the original but I can't seem to find this anywhere. Anyone else have info?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been wondering about this myself, but I would like to have the actual Mugen Spoiler not a knockoff. The cost really isn't an issue, I'll pay for the original but I can't seem to find this anywhere. Anyone else have info?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Kingmotorsports is the only mugen distributor in the United States. If they don't sell the part, you will likely have to purchase from a distributor that had a 9th gen sedan like the philippines. It's going to be insane for cost/shipping.

Back