chinese android navigation unit

I had some terrible pix from the harness mod. Harness that plugs into car is grey, and black one plugs into stereo. Two white ones also plug into car but I didn't touch them. So I cut off speaker wires from stereo's side of harness, and connected RCA's to the car side, essentially I cut wires in half between two plugs (just in case). Red wire on car's side is 12v accessory wire, which I used to run an amp remote wire (also red) to connect to pin 21 so that the amp would turn on. Let me know if you have any questions.
DSC_0034.jpg DSC_0038.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
@FreeSamples
Give us some details on this.

What type of car do you have, trim: LX, EX, EX-L, or EX-L NAVI
Did you have OEM NAVI initially or base stereo?
Did you purchase that CAN-BUS interface thing?
What shows up on the i-mid; what doesn't?
Did you take some pics of how you hooked it up?
Thanks!

@FreeSamples
Give us some details on this.

What type of car do you have, trim: LX, EX, EX-L, or EX-L NAVI
Did you have OEM NAVI initially or base stereo?
Did you purchase that CAN-BUS interface thing?
What shows up on the i-mid; what doesn't?
Did you take some pics of how you hooked it up?
Thanks!
I'll try to answer your questions best I can. Currently at work so can't provide photos or much detail.
I have a 2012 civic si non navi. I purchase a 7inch android radio from carjoying and purchase their Honda harness. Email them before buying because they had to make some changes to get it to work with our cars. It does come with the can-bus converter thing. Imid works very well with it. Shows the radio and displays the music that's being played. You still have the function of the imid as far as I can tell.

Only thing I noticed is that the Bluetooth calling isn't as smooth. The Bluetooth button to fast dial using your voice is a mute button but the calling and hanging up button works as they should. But overall it works great and is very responsive. Almost plug and play with minor modification. I also got the metra double din am that unit was too small so I had to cut it to fit properly. Even then it's still super ugly. Luckily it's only 16 bucks so I might get a new one to have it professionally cut to have a cleaner look.

If you have any questions let me know I can take pics on my days off and show you guys.

can you upgrade your android os when there is a release or its what you get on it is what you are stuck with? 4x is ice cream sandwich version ;)

can you upgrade your android os when there is a release or its what you get on it is what you are stuck with? 4x is ice cream sandwich version ;)

I ran something similar in my Evo and you couldn't upgrade the OS. Wasn't a big deal, but would've been nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The head unit I got is upgradeable but has to be released by the manufacturer so it doesn't interfere with with steering controls and what not. They're working on 7.1 at the moment but no release date for my headunit. Mine the os on mine is 6.0.1

Does the imid still display the backup camera? I'm hoping to possibly keep the original backup camera... But it's such a poor quality system, not sure if it's a low resolution camera or screen but it's not good.

Does the imid still display the backup camera? I'm hoping to possibly keep the original backup camera... But it's such a poor quality system, not sure if it's a low resolution camera or screen but it's not good.
He had a 2012 which didn't have a backup camera from the factory unfortunately.

I have 2013 Honda Civic LX and I got
JOYING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW RAM 2GB ROM 32GB with dash cam and GPS and mic comes with it; I also purchased honda harness with cambus; I just tested it since my damn dash kit hasn't arrived yet I can't fully install it yet; First impressions are great, i love that little thing; Its true Plug n Play setup; My imid works fine as well as rear view cam; and steering controls work well, accept CALL/HANG UP/ VOICE COMMAND button on left inner side of the steering wheel; I tried calling over Bluetooth and I was heard fine without hooking up mic;
If anyone knows how might I mobilize those buttons it would be much appreciated

I have 2013 Honda Civic LX and I got
JOYING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW RAM 2GB ROM 32GB with dash cam and GPS and mic comes with it; I also purchased honda harness with cambus; I just tested it since my damn dash kit hasn't arrived yet I can't fully install it yet; First impressions are great, i love that little thing; Its true Plug n Play setup; My imid works fine as well as rear view cam; and steering controls work well, accept CALL/HANG UP/ VOICE COMMAND button on left inner side of the steering wheel; I tried calling over Bluetooth and I was heard fine without hooking up mic;
If anyone knows how might I mobilize those buttons it would be much appreciated
I have the joying unit and it works great too. It is a plug and play on all trims except the Si because we have an amp. They are missing a pin for the amp so it won’t work when you buy their adapter. You’re going to have to make your own pin to turn on the amp.

Not quite sure if we are talking about same thing; These are the buttons I was talking about; and they are not working; Are you saying I have to make a pin to hook up these buttons?

Attachments

• received_10212285630790817.jpeg
    received_10212285630790817.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 14
Not quite sure if we are talking about same thing; These are the buttons I was talking about; and they are not working; Are you saying I have to make a pin to hook up these buttons?
No I’m talking about the unit in general for the audio to work on the Si you have to make your own pin in the harness you buy from them. Those buttons work for me it was plug and play. The only thing is the speak button will mute your audio but the hang up and pick up buttons work with the head unit.

Have a question for anyone who can answer.

First here is my set up:
2012 Honda Civic SI w/ premium sound w/o nav.
I purchased a Joying Radio running 6.0.
My concern is reading that a few of you guys had an issue with static over the speakers (due to the stock amp). Does this mean anyone who has a stock amp is having the same issue?
I've read that FG3_drv did an RCA conversion.
What parts are used to do the RCA conversion?
Looks like one side these are used: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYV4AWL/ref=asc_df_B01LYV4AWL5300936/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01LYV4AWL&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216534554317&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5181608808939670876&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026938&hvtargid=pla-348285775336
But I can not find what would be the female side.
Maybe these: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G352P2C/ref=asc_df_B00G352P2C5300938/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00G352P2C&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167152430369&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15169082202908109999&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026938&hvtargid=pla-373200588197
Sorry if I've answered my own question in this post but I just want to be sure to buy the correct parts.

Thanks to all that reply.

Have a question for anyone who can answer.

First here is my set up:
2012 Honda Civic SI w/ premium sound w/o nav.
I purchased a Joying Radio running 6.0.
My concern is reading that a few of you guys had an issue with static over the speakers (due to the stock amp). Does this mean anyone who has a stock amp is having the same issue?
I've read that FG3_drv did an RCA conversion.
What parts are used to do the RCA conversion?
Looks like one side these are used: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYV4AWL/ref=asc_df_B01LYV4AWL5300936/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01LYV4AWL&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216534554317&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5181608808939670876&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026938&hvtargid=pla-348285775336
But I can not find what would be the female side.
Maybe these: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G352P2C/ref=asc_df_B00G352P2C5300938/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00G352P2C&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167152430369&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15169082202908109999&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026938&hvtargid=pla-373200588197
Sorry if I've answered my own question in this post but I just want to be sure to buy the correct parts.

Thanks to all that reply.

I don’t know enough about this, but I do see the 1st one says it supports up to 200 watts

I don’t know enough about this, but I do see the 1st one says it supports up to 200 watts

Thank You.

When i do the install I will note what had to be done and try and take some detailed pictures so in the future if someone tried the same install they will know what to do.

Thanks,
Jordan

Okay,

So there is a lot of good information in this thread. Most of what I am going to write here has already been covered by other people in previous post but here it is all in one place.

If you have a "premium sound" w/ stock amp your life will be easier by buying the Metra harness "Metra 70-1730". (This has RCA inputs already attached. You can make your own if you want to use the standard harness.)

Wired the female version of these to the harness that came with the radio. (can only find the male ends for an example but you should be able to find the female ends on amazon): Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYV4AWL?tag=viglink21523-20

After wiring everything up I still had a horrible static coming through the speakers even if the volume was turned to 0.

The "Joying" Radio I purchased had RCA outputs on the back so I bypassed the Radios wiring harness and went straight into the back of the radio this cleared up my static problem. Sound quality was still relatively good. (Not as good as the stock radio)

To make a long story longer I ended up uninstalling the radio and shipping it back due to the Bluetooth skipping every 3 seconds.

I hope this helps anyone looking to do a similar install. I learned the hard way you get what you pay for with these Chinese radios.

At this point I am going to be shopping for a nice touch screen radio Pioneer, Keenwood..etc.. (Open to any suggestions)

Thanks to everyone who posted previously helping me find the answers I needed.

Back