New Clutch, Flywheel & Flashpro / Codes: Engine light flashing, VSA, Power steering.

Jay_14

I have a 2013 Honda Civic Si sedan. I purchase a NEW Competition Clutch stage 2 w/ stage 3 disc & Competition Flywheel. The day I pulled it out of the shop, I drive my car for about a mile and these codes came up and I couldn't pass 3000rpms it's was like the car was stuttering . So a couple weeks sitting in my garage I read about Flashpro. I bought the Flashpro. I used Hondata Reflash basemap for the calibration. The car drove perfect. BUT everytime I drop it to Neutral the gauge needle did bounce a little. I didnt think much of though because I assume it has to deal with my flywheel. After a week or so the same codes came across my dash, Engine Light flashing,VSA, power steering & cant pass 3000rpms ... I need help! I'm was thinking the Flashpro will help me & it didn't. Could I be using the wrong Basemap???

The clutch & flywheel has about 350-400 miles on it for driving it that week or so .

My car is my daily & everytime the codes will pop up .. I would pull over & use Hondata to put me back on the road again.

You need to turn off misfire detection.

You need to connect FlashPro to your OBDII port, turn on the ignition (don't start the car), go to "file", "open" and find your last known good calibration/tune, open it, hit the "calibration" radio button and a long menu will open inside the applet. Look for "Misc" and when you open the sub-menu, look down the long list there until you see the check mark next to "misfire detection." Uncheck, save, and re-upload the new calibration to your ecu.

Wassup guys just keeping you posted . So I just did exactly what you told me to do . And it works like a charm! Even how the idle drops when I throw it down to neutral. Mission completed. I'm going to drive the car out tonight so let's see how she does .
Again .. I will keep you guys posted just because I know how much of a headache this could be for someone just like me in my same position. Thanks again!

Ohhh yeeahh .. I'm sure it. Well at least until I do something else too the car. Haha.. I tell you one thing though .. that Hondata is something else. Great Tool!

Again fellas ... Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated!

You need to connect FlashPro to your OBDII port, turn on the ignition (don't start the car), go to "file", "open" and find your last known good calibration/tune, open it, hit the "calibration" radio button and a long menu will open inside the applet. Look for "Misc" and when you open the sub-menu, look down the long list there until you see the check mark next to "misfire detection." Uncheck, save, and re-upload the new calibration to your ecu.

so I really need help.
I opened my last calibration and nothing no long menu pops up.
im not even sure i have the right calibration.
my problem is that i installed a new lighter flywheel (10 pounds)
car drives fine and then bam all 4 cylinders miss fire and continue to do so untill i restart the car
reading all the forums this world can offer and watching youtube videos no explains a step by step procedure to take care of the flywheel sensor.
please help this situation is giving me a headache
hondata only offers me two calibrations and i tried both
maf tune epa/carb complaint
hondata reflash epa/carb complaint

so I really need help.
car drives fine and then bam all 4 cylinders miss fire and continue to do so untill i restart the car
reading all the forums this world can offer and watching youtube videos no explains a step by step procedure to take care of the flywheel sensor.
This video is showing something else, but follow it because the misfire menu is at like 1.43 into the vid. You need that unchecked.

View: https://youtu.be/CLcDir27om0

so I really need help.
Do you have a carb only flashpro? You would not be able to disable any emission equipment on an epa calibration.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I was wondering if the CARB Flash Pro would resolve the same issue. I have never worked with a tuner and honestly don't plan on tuning with out the proper knowledge.
I ran into the same issue I had changed my clutch about 2 years ago with an ACT heavy duty clutch kit ( street light flywheel, both bearings, pressure plate, and clutch ) no issues. I pulled my car into the garage 235K ( no issues ) and replace it with EFT Stage 1 clutch Kit. Multiple issues occurs ( emissions, ABS/VSA, Missfire on all four cylinders, and power steering). After thanking i missed a wiring harness or something and disassembling reassembling several times I stumbled on this tread.
I guess I'm just trying to say Thank You Webby and I've got the CARB Flash Pro on order right now

So I was wondering if the CARB Flash Pro would resolve the same issue. I have never worked with a tuner and honestly don't plan on tuning with out the proper knowledge.
I ran into the same issue I had changed my clutch about 2 years ago with an ACT heavy duty clutch kit ( street light flywheel, both bearings, pressure plate, and clutch ) no issues. I pulled my car into the garage 235K ( no issues ) and replace it with EFT Stage 1 clutch Kit. Multiple issues occurs ( emissions, ABS/VSA, Missfire on all four cylinders, and power steering). After thanking i missed a wiring harness or something and disassembling reassembling several times I stumbled on this tread.
I guess I'm just trying to say Thank You Webby and I've got the CARB Flash Pro on order right now
Sorry it is the Hondata CARB FlashPro

Will the FlashPro work (non-CARB)?
The standard flashpro will let you disable misfire detection. That’s the one you’d want. Carb flashpro will not let you disable it.

Back