Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GodBoner

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Has anyone else been getting flooded with emails from their dealership offering to buy back their SI? This is at least my 5th email and now we are up to 125% of KBB value for trade in value.

I'm not really interested in trading in but I cant be the only person getting this offer......

"We have received a request for an Civic similar to yours. Being able to acquire vehicles that we have either sold, serviced or both that we can add to our Pre-Owned inventory is the best possible scenario. We are currently offering up to 125% of Kelley Blue Book Fair Market Value. In a search of our customer records, I identified your Civic as a perfect match for us.

I would like to invite you to stop by the dealership for a complimentary equity review on your vehicle. You may also want to take advantage of any special programs that you may be entitled to on a replacement vehicle such as a new 2016 Honda CR-V for $199 per month!! If you are interested in getting into any other vehicles, just give me a call at 843-572-4700 ext.1138.v"

It's a tactic a lot of dealerships use to get you in the door to buy a new vehicle. It's not uncommon at all. The value they use will vary wildly in kbb, based on poor, fair, good, etc condition and so on. They also use the dealer trade in price. It's not like you're walking out with money. They're in the business to upsell and get you financed again on another car.

It's a tactic a lot of dealerships use to get you in the door to buy a new vehicle. It's not uncommon at all. The value they use will vary wildly in kbb, based on poor, fair, good, etc condition and so on. They also use the dealer trade in price. It's not like you're walking out with money. They're in the business to upsell and get you financed again on another car.

oh absolutely. I entertained them on the 3rd email and told them to "make me want a new car" the deals they were offering were pretty decent but still not good enough for me to come off of my SI

although i did tell them to call me when they get the new 17' 2 dr hatches (i just want to test drive one haha)

I entertained Honda once. They wanted my '09 FA5. Same BS tactics. The car was mint and surprisingly stock. The dealership offered below KBB based on local auction prices. Told them to kick rocks and sold it on the street for over KBB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've almost completely returned my civic to stock and was out of the country for a year; when I return, I'll be selling it. Has anyone just sold back to the Honda dealer for cash? Is that a common thing? I just plan on selling it, not trading it in or using it to help buy a different car.

I've almost completely returned my civic to stock and was out of the country for a year; when I return, I'll be selling it. Has anyone just sold back to the Honda dealer for cash? Is that a common thing? I just plan on selling it, not trading it in or using it to help buy a different car.
I've done it before. You just let them know you no longer need the car and would like to get an offer from them.

Back